The New Raith Rovers Thread

I definitely had a picture of it before, and may actually have got it from someone on here, but does anyone have an image of the Rovers programme from the mid 90’s that ended each Dunfermline player bio with “Won’t be playing in the UEFA Cup next season”? 

I don't have a copy but I do remember that it ruffled a fair few feathers in the diplomatic corps in both camps.  Was that not the programme that was issued for the 0-0 home game a week before we went to Firhill to claim the title?🤔  I remember being at that game and seeing it and all the hullabaloo going on about it being disrespectful to the opposition. I can't remember if DAFC had put in a complaint about it. Whatever, it certainly caused ructions at the time.

5 hours ago, SerieA said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on the speed and direction of the wind this afternoon?

4 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

East to East North East wind, 18-20 mph, gusts to 30 mph. Probably one of the more problematical winds at Starks Park due to the open areas in the NE quadrant of the stadia. The lack of porosity of the Pratt Street residences will be offset by the softened characteristics of the rooflines, thus cause a small disturbance in the airflow and some localized eddies. On the other hand, the porosity of the developments on Barnet Crescent, Links Street and the Esplanade will cause disruptions to the airflow approaching Pratt Street, with likely knock on effects. The channeling effect of the North Stand and the Main Stand cannot be ignored, so hold on to your toupee if you are in the Titan for hospitality!

Meanwhile, let’s start Corr!

54 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I definitely had a picture of it before, and may actually have got it from someone on here, but does anyone have an image of the Rovers programme from the mid 90’s that ended each Dunfermline player bio with “Won’t be playing in the UEFA Cup next season”? 

6th May 1995. We'd have won the league if we'd won that day, but it ended 0-0 and we'd to wait another week.

One thing you can never accuse Dabrowski of is letting a bad game get into his head. On more than one occasion this season, we've seen him have a howler and then come back with a massive performance the following game (funnily enough, usually against the Pars...) - and so it was today too. 

That wasn't pretty, but was exactly what we needed after last week. A clean sheet, holding onto a lead, and actually looking more confident, in control and like adding to our lead after going two up. Really pleased for Dylan Easton getting a goal as well, hopefully that will give his confidence a bit of a boost after a tough few weeks. Hopefully last week can be a red line and we can kick on for the rest of the season.

Lastly - after everything he's been through in the last couple of seasons, how good was it to see Ross Matthews out there winning a Fife Derby at Stark's Park?

Great game today although let down by the idiots throwing pyros on the pitch and the ones booing the wee Dunfermline lassies as they ran past 🤬

that aside was a braw match and a full house of wins!

20 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Great game today although let down by the idiots throwing pyros on the pitch and the ones booing the wee Dunfermline lassies as they ran past 🤬

that aside was a braw match and a full house of wins!

They had Pars tops on. Why wouldn't they be booed? 

50 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That was an awful match, but any win against the Pars is a good day. 

Ever the optimist, glad to see you haven't changed 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They had Pars tops on. Why wouldn't they be booed? 

Even for you this is a low point, sort yourself out mate, they were wee girls.

Big Kev what a save.Few moans and groans when he never held that free kick in the 1st half.The way he pushes the ball to safety is what he does.Rather that than do what Mehmet done for our 1st goal. Quite reserved celebrations from him today as well, which shows he’s still smarting from last week.

Defence and Matthews were solid.Thought Murray stepped up today as well.

Wasn’t impressed with us going forward to be honest.

Stanton stepped up in last 20 minutes with his energy.

Brilliant feeling leaving the ground today-not like last Friday.

We seem to say it every game…but Tuesday is massive. A win and I think we can guarantee 2nd.

1 minute ago, SerieA said:

A win and I think we can guarantee 2nd.

Even if Partick win we'd still be 11 points above them, for me 2nd is a stick on, beat Partick and who knows 

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Even if Partick win we'd still be 11 points above them, for me 2nd is a stick on, beat Partick and who knows 

I’m saying that as a supporter of a team who has threw away a 2 goal lead against Arbroath twice, rather than as a supporter of a team who has beaten the league leaders twice.

4 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

A win and we can push for 1st

I’m saying that as a supporter of a team who has threw away a 2 goal lead against Arbroath twice, rather than as a supporter of a team who has beaten the league leaders twice.

12 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Even for you this is a low point, sort yourself out mate, they were wee girls.

For what it's worth, I'm struggling to see how anyone would've booed them when they left the pitch via the North Stand.