The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

To the vast majority of a crowd of near 2000 yes pretty much.

In fairness 1800 of the near 2000 will be related in some way so surely there must be a bit of familiarity between yous all 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

So, whatever point trying to make will be completely ignored due to shitey use of the Kings' own......

I take it you didn’t read your post before you commented on someone else’s written English 😉

Nearly 2000 fans not from where I was sitting. To be fair most Dunfermline fans are there to support their club and the minority ruin it for everyone. Regarding the vandalism of the stand it probably depends when it was done to who would have witnessed it. If if was done at half time there must have been several fans who witnessed the damage. If it was done at or near the end of the game it was only the NW fans section that were left in the stand. As long as Dunfermline FC come out and criticise the behaviour and pay for the damage then that's fine. Having said all that tonight's result with about a quarter of the season left means that the Pars can't catch us and with East Fife apparently under fan ownership and wanted Championship football in 3-5 years if I was a Pars fan i would be worried about becoming the 3rd best team in Fife.

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Nearly 2000 fans not from where I was sitting. To be fair most Dunfermline fans are there to support their club and the minority ruin it for everyone. Regarding the vandalism of the stand it probably depends when it was done to who would have witnessed it. If if was done at half time there must have been several fans who witnessed the damage. If it was done at or near the end of the game it was only the NW fans section that were left in the stand. As long as Dunfermline FC come out and criticise the behaviour and pay for the damage then that's fine. Having said all that tonight's result with about a quarter of the season left means that the Pars can't catch us and with East Fife apparently under fan ownership and wanted Championship football in 3-5 years if I was a Pars fan i would be worried about becoming the 3rd best team in Fife.

I honestly didn't think it looked like there was 2000 in the away end on Saturday, but if you take the 4300 Rovers fans away from the total crowd (circa 6300), there must have been.

As far as East Fife wanting Championship football in three years - about ten years ago a Leven businessman claimed he'd make them a top 16 club in the country. In the interim period, they've been relegated twice to the bottom division.

Think Murray has hit the nail on the head during his interview there.Can always win games playing silky football.

There has been a massive change in the way we set up/play games from the Dundee United game. Back 4 hardly cross the half way line unless it’s a set piece. Matthews sitting.Wide midfielders work rate through the roof and getting in to support the full backs. Front men getting behind the ball.

It was said we had been found out and Murray didn’t have a plan b.

Murray has changed things and got us winning again.

6 hours ago, North West said:

See, that's just lazy bait. It's a shite post.

The NW is sold out and the vast majority of fans are normal law abiding fans. The saying fly with the crows, get shot with the crows means if you've concisiously chosen to join, affiliate, follow or put yourself in a dodgy situation with others up to no good then you'll likely get what you deserve. The vandalism and antisocial behaviour on Saturday has got zero, nothing, f**k all, zilch to do with where Pars fans sit in the stadium at East End, stop being shit stirring fud.

Latest post from the official section north west X account.20240313_015603.thumb.jpg.5f5a468c5b4789dcd7cf40c621dc3ec4.jpg

Aye they all look like normal law abiding fans right enough. hope they are pointing to someone in the flats or is that some sort of a salute going on 🤔?

6 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Still talking about Dunfermline?

I’ll come back later.

Huge win last night that guarantees second place at worst and there's folk arguing about section NW and how big the away support was....

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Huge win last night that guarantees second place at worst and there's folk arguing about section NW and how big the away support was....

You mean how small the away support was!!!

I feel a bit sorry for Vaughan and the timing of his testimonial. Assuming it’s the current team that are going to be playing and not a mix of former team mates, I’d imagine it’ll end up like a walking football match as no one will want hurt ahead of the Dundee Utd match. This should really have been pencilled in as one of the pre season matches where it could at least have been competitive.

5 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

How far we’ve come since ‘The List’ scandal last month 😂

That whole incident is a testament to how professional Ross Matthews is btw. Couldn't get a game, bided his time, won Murray's trust and put in a tremendous performance last night. 

He's like a new signing now he's back to full fitness. No toys out the pram, just a man who continues to give his all.

9 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Wibble

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Still talking about Dunfermline?

I’ll come back later.

Agreed. Only interest I’ve got with them for remainder of the season is if they can grab any point against DU.

Glad I went to the game last night. It wasn’t high on quality not helped by the pitch. Result could’ve went either way but we had a couple of chances that really should’ve been buried.

Two clean sheets on the spin and Ross Matthews has to get the nod to start for me now.

I mentioned this Hibs testimonial to a few boys and all agree it’s mental timing. It’s surely going to be nothing more than an exhibition match with no slide tackles and studs down at all times. Vaughan absolutely deserves it but if I was a player I’d rather come on for a 10 min cameo and get myself off.

Club should’ve organised his testimonial to be away to Las Palmas 🙂