The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

I don't know that's why I say they have poorly communicating their actions.I am hearing it is a security diktat but that needs to be explained.  'Running scared' is the least plausible explanation and makes no sense whatsoever.  

Running scared/shiting it/terrified, are the most rational, if not only, explanations. It's a title decider and you can only imagine the financial ramifications if Utd don't go up. Keeping a boisterous away support to a minimum is all they can do to gain some sort of advantage. No doubt they would cut it to zero if it wasn't so embarrassing for them which is why they've cut Raith's allocation from earlier in the season and are leaving 600 seats empty. Watch out in the days and hours leading up to the game for your club begging your own fans to make as much noise as possible and possibly have leaflets on seats asking for a "ROARING CRESCENDO". 

2 hours ago, North West said:

Keep telling yourselves that 😆 🤣 

Old Firm levels of entitlement on continual rewind. 

Sliding into .......etc

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I'm buying into the whole running scared/shitebags/tinpot etc narrative, but by the same token, putting aside your emoji laden, child like attempts at humour and deflection, why do you think United have brought the allocation down? 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Much like the KDM stadium attendance calculator. 

I’m glad someone’s mentioned that.

Pars v Airdrie the other week for example. Can’t remember what they claimed the crowd was but it was laughable.

Their attendances have dropped off a cliff as the season has went on. 5 derby ridings will do that I suppose.

8 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I'm buying into the whole running scared/shitebags/tinpot etc narrative, but by the same token, putting aside your emoji laden, child like attempts at humour and deflection, why do you think United have brought the allocation down? 

You insult my posts and you expect me to answer your question, the bloody neck on ye!

9 hours ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

I'm of an age that I done exactly the same as well as going to Derek Starks testimonial dinner at Dean 

I saw a few Utd European games at theat time as well as some Aberdeen, notably the Liverpool game at Pittodrie.

Was it Stark or Holt (in the League cup drawn game, sadly Utd romped the second leg at Kdy) that somehow missed by scooping the ball over the bar from almost underneath it with McDemott grounded? That was back in the day when there wasn't even a cover over the side enclosure, from memory it was really steep, a bit like the one at Easter Rd, which didn't have a cover on my first visit there either (Hibs 0-1 Raith, Bally)

That steep Utd enclosure started from below the level of the pitch (as did Dens behind the goal at the TC Keay end) and I remember a preseason friendly where Tottenhams Steve Perryman put a player into the crowd just next to where I was standing, must have been early 1980's.

13 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Shit attempt. Up your game. 

Sadly Eb, they can't.  As honking as it is that literally is the best patter they have.

9 hours ago, arabdelic said:

United have handled this badly and poorly communicated what they are doing. The idea on here though that they have reduced the Raith allocation because they are running scared is quite amusing and delusional. As if a few hundred less in the stadium is going to tip anything. 

Anyone can stand on the sidelines and rubbish suggestions made by others, but in order to be credible you have to at least have some counter suggestion. So far you've offerered the sum total of Hee Haw.  

It's not been poorly communicated it's just that there hasn't been communication, or at least nothing that adds up.

If it's safety reasons then what has changed in the last 3 months?

If it's just to do with the shed why not offer the Rovers support some of the FP or main stand too?

Again if it's down to safety then Utd cannot without losing face play a different card against Dunee, Rangers or Celtic if they get promoted or potentially even sooner, like against Aberdeen in a play off.

8 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’m glad someone’s mentioned that.

Pars v Airdrie the other week for example. Can’t remember what they claimed the crowd was but it was laughable.

Their attendances have dropped off a cliff as the season has went on. 5 derby ridings will do that I suppose.

Joint top of the league and still all about the pars.

Quite sad really. Try enjoying yourself!

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Joint top of the league and still all about the pars.

Quite sad really. Try enjoying yourself!

You guys really are a scream.

IF this was Rovers fans coming on to the down the Halbieth Rd page you'd reasonably have a far better point.

However considering you've posted twice (you are way behind thon other Pars Roaster btw) and you're one of 3 Pars fans to have had a fishing expedition on this tread in the last two days, I think we all know who the ones are that are fixated.

Away back to the west of Fife and never you mind whats happening in the Best of Fife.

Big ego's, Big delusions, big debts, Big problems. DAFC the biggest team in Fife in so many, many ways......except those that matter.

9 hours ago, arabdelic said:

United have handled this badly and poorly communicated what they are doing. The idea on here though that they have reduced the Raith allocation because they are running scared is quite amusing and delusional. As if a few hundred less in the stadium is going to tip anything. 

From the outside looking in, there appears to be only two realistic reasons for limiting the allocation.

The first is they've spat the dummy over the social media stuff already pointed out.

The second is they are doing it to gain a competitive edge by increasing their home advantage. I think this is what people are getting at when they are alluding to Utd running scared.

Either of these reasons to limit the away attendance are pretty tinpot.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

From the outside looking in, there appears to be only two realistic reasons for limiting the allocation.

The first is they've spat the dummy over the social media stuff already pointed out.

The second is they are doing it to gain a competitive edge by increasing their home advantage. I think this is what people are getting at when they are alluding to Utd running scared.

Either of these reasons to limit the away attendance are pretty tinpot.

Our away record this season is much better than out home form We have struggled at Tannadice to break teams down. A few hundred less tickets doesnt not create an competitive advantage. Perhaps cup finals at Hampden where Rangers fans are often given 3/4 of the stadium is maybe a better example of being given a competitive advantage. 

39 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

However considering you've posted twice (you are way behind thon other Pars Roaster btw) and you're one of 3 Pars fans to have had a fishing expedition on this tread in the last two days, I think we all know who the ones are that are fixated.

My last post in this thread was criticising Dundee Uniteds offering so I wasn't fishing at all.

And PS it's a multi club forum.

Thinking about it a bit more, and reading some of the posts on here, I genuinely believe that United are doing this because they're still pissed off at some of our social media stuff.  They were clearly rattled by the "Sliding into Sunday" post and this is them getting back at us.

As some United fans have said, their team has more to worry about from a large home support getting on their backs than they do from us.

Also, while I can't condone lunchbox-related violence, I do completely agree with the sentiment of boycotting the pie stand.  If they really don't want money from the Rovers fans, give them as little as possible.

46 minutes ago, 101 said:

My last post in this thread was criticising Dundee Uniteds offering so I wasn't fishing at all.

And PS it's a multi club forum.

So therefor Rovers fan are presumably allowed to mention their biggest rivals?

Anyways, lost on the Halbeath Rd for this kind of pish

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

You guys really are a scream.

IF this was Rovers fans coming on to the down the Halbieth Rd page you'd reasonably have a far better point.

Away back to the west of Fife and never you mind whats happening in the Best of Fife.

Big ego's, Big delusions, big debts, Big problems. DAFC the biggest team in Fife in so many, many ways......except those that matter.

Try spelling

9 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

So therefor Rovers fan are presumably allowed to mention their biggest rivals?

You are not our biggest rivals, that's the manky Falkirk Basturds, you are more like the anoying ginger step child. Glad we cleared that up but feel free to continue with the faux rival thing if it makes you happy.

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Other than Ethan Ross who else is out of contract and likely to not be offered a new one? 

Like last summer I'd imagine McGlynn will be all over them.

Easton, Watson, Thomson, Dick, Matthews, Ross, McGill, Millen, Corr, McNeil and Masson. 

The last 6 will likely be away - McNeil might get offered a deal as a back up keeper. Millen had a dispute with Murray which led to him training on his own.

Thomson is our goalkeeping coach so that might impact things too. 

I'd expect Easton will either re-sign with us or go to a top flight club. Naturally, he'll be waiting until the season is over before signing a new deal. Ironically, he's not performed as well after the game at Tannadice where he started getting linked heavily with a move to the top flight.

Watson has been out with injuries for most of the season so I'm unsure if we'll offer him a new deal. Dick is a consistent left back but I can't see Falkirk needing that with McCann. 

I'd hope we offer Matthews a new deal. He's been superb since coming back from a long term recurring injury. 

Transfermarket has Sam Stanton listed out of contract, but he signed a new long term deal in December. 

Out of those, I imagine McNeil, Thomson and Matthews will all sign new deals.

Easton will definitely be offered one (and I'm sure he already has been) and I think will sign with us if we go up.  If not, he'll be off to a premiership team which is fair enough.

I would personally offer Watson another year as he is a very decent defender IF we can keep him fit.

McGill and Dick will likely be offered new deals if we are still in the championship but I'm not sure either is capable of playing premiership (yet in the case of McGill as he's still young).

Ross, Masson, Millen and Corr all likely to be allowed to leave.  Millen and Ross will both end up at championship clubs (Morton and Falkirk?) with Masson and Corr likely dropping down to League 2.

Edited by AllanJM