The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Very true, that's why we all love our 'diddy teams' so much.

FTOF

Aye mate, We are only Diddy clubs to the OF, but without us where would they go?  we will NEVER compete with the money machine 👍

Such a strange stance from United.  There isn't a fundamental advantage to be gained from preventing 600 odd fans from attending.  I'd actually understand it if they gave a tiny allocation, but the difference overall to atmosphere between 1.4k and 2k is fairly minimal.  And I'd have zero problems if they wanted to give tickets to their own fans instead, but that isn't the case.

The only thing I can think of is if the police have insisted on an increased presence there isn't a substantial gap between sets of fans,  and Utd have thought that isn't worth the hassle or cost.  But that's a stretch.

Edited by CALDERON

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Such a strange stance from United.  There isn't a fundamental advantage to be gained from preventing 600 odd fans from attending.  I'd actually understand it if they gave a tiny allocation, but the difference overall to atmosphere between 1.4k and 2k is fairly minimal.  And I'd have zero problems if they wanted to give tickets to their own fans instead, but that isn't the case.

The only thing I can think of is if the police have insisted on an increased presence there isn't a substantial gap between sets of fans,  and Utd have thought that isn't worth the hassle or cost.  But that's a stretch.

If that's the case, why not just say so.

How much extra can it cost to police 2000 rather than 1300 though?

Or, easier still, stick the Rovers fans in the side stand like they do at Dundee derbies.

I agree, it is ridiculous, this match could have attracted close to 10,000 spectators if United had opened up the rest of the stadium.

Christ knows what's going on at United these days. But it has been a harsh 18 months for a good loyal support that deserve so much more.

I doubt the allocation of tickets is United trying to wind up RR & their supporters. What purpose would hat serve? Other than to maybe gee-up the appetite of Raith team a bit more.

I think it is probably just another bad decision in a long succession of bad decisions that have plagued our club for the last decade.

25 minutes ago, CYBERSHED said:

I agree, it is ridiculous, this match could have attracted close to 10,000 spectators if United had opened up the rest of the stadium.

Christ knows what's going on at United these days. But it has been a harsh 18 months for a good loyal support that deserve so much more.

I doubt the allocation of tickets is United trying to wind up RR & their supporters. What purpose would hat serve? Other than to maybe gee-up the appetite of Raith team a bit more.

I think it is probably just another bad decision in a long succession of bad decisions that have plagued our club for the last decade.

Given there was over 10,000 at the December game, I reckon we could have been looking at close to a sell-out for this one.

Crazy that it's going to be awkward for United fans to get tickets as well.

23 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Given there was over 10,000 at the December game, I reckon we could have been looking at close to a sell-out for this one.

Crazy that it's going to be awkward for United fans to get tickets as well.

I know, it's almost as if supporters are an inconvenience to clubs at times.

I long for the walk up and pay at the gate days. But they are long gone.

Is this because of over-regulation? Or just plain penny pinching by clubs that don't want the hassle of dealing with cash?

11 minutes ago, CYBERSHED said:

Is this because of over-regulation? Or just plain penny pinching by clubs that don't want the hassle of dealing with cash?

whatever it is ALL clubs are losing out over this, the easiest thing to do at a game is turn up and hand over £20 (or whatever) and see a game, yes I get some games will be oversubscribed hence the need for all ticket but how often at this level does it happen ? not a lot.

Your average punter having a couple of beers in a pub near the ground used to think f**k it why not turn up and empty their pocket, now he has to queue to get a ticket, queue again to get in, no wonder a few say fucking  f**k this I'm going back to the boozer  

3 hours ago, CYBERSHED said:

I know, it's almost as if supporters are an inconvenience to clubs at times.

Gone are the days of getting lifted over the turnstile, which also removes the odd person paying and the operator getting a matchday wage bonus.

7 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

whatever it is ALL clubs are losing out over this, the easiest thing to do at a game is turn up and hand over £20 (or whatever) and see a game, yes I get some games will be oversubscribed hence the need for all ticket but how often at this level does it happen ? not a lot.

Your average punter having a couple of beers in a pub near the ground used to think f**k it why not turn up and empty their pocket, now he has to queue to get a ticket, queue again to get in, no wonder a few say fucking  f**k this I'm going back to the boozer  

I think this is just misty eyed reminiscing. The Rovers aren’t losing out in any way by not offering a cash gate. 

10 hours ago, CYBERSHED said:

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Gone are the days of getting lifted over the turnstile, which also removes the odd person paying and the operator getting a matchday wage bonus.

A bit of that, and also like any business clubs are aiming to increase their sales and customer base - knowing who is buying what, and getting contact details every time, means they can better market what they're selling. Clearly Rovers have had success out of this.

And it's not like you can't take your phone out in the pub, pick the best seat remaining and head along?

Ex Rovers captain and manager Peter Hetherston charged with attempted murder. Shocked at that one.

Didn't realise someone had already posted a link earlier regarding this.

Edited by bobbykdy

I think it will take a long time for DUFC to live this farce down......particularly from their neighbours DFC!!

The reasons for the reduction are laughable....there is THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION AT ALL.....and we all know that. 

On the plus side it may work against DUFC in that the fans who are ALLOWED in will be fired up. as will the 

RAITH team. Poor poor show from DUFC.....hoping we really skelp them!!

Come on Big Dunc and the Choochters the day.  Pit this fearty Gowk Uniteds Gas at a low peep!  Just Gubb their Arab erses.

Oh what I'd give tae see that result today, then another Gubbin fae us next Saturday.  Ooh, A feel like ma Tatties are bilin just thinkin aboot it.

16 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Your average punter is surely more easily able to make a decision in the boozer to buy a ticket online, via their phone, & go to the game?

Digital ticketing isn’t some scourge on the game that’s seeing clubs lose out on money left, right & centre on match days.

I much prefer digital ticketing (except for the farce that is the Dundee United system obviously).

I can pick seats together where I know I am going to get a good view and turn up 10mins before kick-off knowing where I'll be sitting and not scrambling around to find somewhere to sit.