The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fucking mental to think where the club was 2 years ago in the wake of that particular incident. If you said then that we'd be dissapointed at getting 1.4k tickets for a game at Tannadice,  that would be very hard to believe.  

To be worried about if we win a title or not is a huge leap forward from worrying about if the club would ever be the same or not ever again.

On 23/03/2024 at 14:15, CrossgatesCynic said:

Your average punter is surely more easily able to make a decision in the boozer to buy a ticket online, via their phone, & go to the game?

Digital ticketing isn’t some scourge on the game that’s seeing clubs lose out on money left, right & centre on match days.

If I was to ask my dad to buy a ticket online, I'd be as well asking my dog to do it as he wouldn't have a scooby. 

Edited by foreverarover

9 hours ago, stevoraith said:

That seems like far more than two years ago. 
And John Frederiksen was here just a year ago. 

We shouldn’t forget how far we’ve come recently.  

Frederiksen was terrible. 

I'm convinced that he was signed on the back of a George Weah recommendation. 

47 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Frederiksen was terrible. 

I'm convinced that he was signed on the back of a George Weah recommendation. 

Ahh yes, good old Ali Dia 😂

Frederiksen was a punt, a last minute gamble with the hope that he'd do what Jack Hamilton does so well for us, but we'd have been better off employing one of those static training dummies as it would have been more effective.

Club have now confirmed that Club 1883 members can bring a mate to any 1 of our remaining home games for free.  Hopefully add a wee bit on to the attendance for each of them.

22 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Were any of the pubs near the ground good for atmosphere before the game at Tannadice in December ? 

We were in Frews which was pretty home fans heavy. Where is everyone headed this time ?

I had to drive to the game in December, so didn't bother with the pub before it. The Clep Bar on Clepington Road always used to be a popular haunt for Rovers fans.

58 minutes ago, edin rover said:

The Balmore Bar on Dura street is good for a pre match pint, good few rovers fans in there last time and large free car park outside

I was in there at the last game and thought I was the only Rovers fan in there 😳 

I'm not advertising where I'm heading publicly on P&B.

Last thing I want is the arsehole element thinking "right, so lot's of Rovers will be in that pub eh?"

40 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Last thing I want is the arsehole element thinking "right, so lot's of Rovers will be in that pub eh?"

To be fair we appear to have our own “arsehole element” with the recent Links Street nonsense and pyrotechnics at grounds. Let’s hope there is none of that this week.

im not sure if United have that same issue?

10 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Been watching United for 35yr home and away and never see trouble. You will be fine in any pub around the ground. Clep Bar is a good shout. Avoid the Troll as its tiny inside and can be a nightmare to get served 

5 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

Been watching United for 35yr home and away and never see trouble. You will be fine in any pub around the ground. Clep Bar is a good shout. Avoid the Troll as its tiny inside and can be a nightmare to get served 

I've been to Tannadice many times over 35+ years and watched United a fair bit when I lived in Dundee for four years.

I agree with you wholeheartedly - I've never seen any bother near any pubs, even at derbies and games v Aberdeen.

Touch wood, there hasn't been any hint of bother at any of the games so far. We've all said our piece about the United board's decision on tickets, but that's no reason for there to be any bad blood between the fans.

It's not yet four years since Rovers and United fans walked side by side across the Tay Bridge in an attempt to raise funds for the legal fees as Hearts attempted to deny us both promotion.

Hope it's a great game and a great atmosphere.

Edited by Specky Ginger