The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Great result at Tannadice today We should go up there and have every confidence we can win next Saturday. 

100% agree, however, what United's result today does is mean there is 0% pressure on us to do anything next week. Yes, a win would be lovely for us... United NEED to win.

So much pressure on United for next week. Let's see how they do. 

2 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

100% agree, however, what United's result today does is mean there is 0% pressure on us to do anything next week. Yes, a win would be lovely for us... United NEED to win.

There's certainly a bit of pressure on us.  It's the best chance to win this league for over a decade and for who knows how long.  People need to forget about it being United, the chance here is absolutely huge.

I wonder if the gaffer and/or Mickey were afforded the customary complimentary ticket to be able to watch the game and next week's opposition in action?🤔

Nah! I wouldnae think so either 😉

Still maintaining we're playing with house money. Great opportunity, no doubt but nobody expected this back in August. We've played over half the games this season with a centre mid as a deputy centre back. Ridiculous position to be in. 

I'm beginning to think the league title is like the local slapper.... nobody cares about it but it still gets passed around every week..

1 hour ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Got feeling whoever doesn’t fall over the line and win the title will implode in the playoffs.

That's a certainty 

2 hours ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Got feeling whoever doesn’t fall over the line and win the title will implode in the playoffs.

This. I remember the season we finished second to Ayr and then lost home and away to Alloa in the first play-off..

What an opportunity we have….roll on next Saturday. We have missed a couple of opportunities recently but hopefully take this one. We need kick them when they’re down.

10 hours ago, chris1883 said:

Nah, the possibility of falling 4 points behind and missing the chance to go clear with a game in hand is massive.

I get the point many think Raith didn't expect to be where they are but now that they are slipping up will hurt.

8 hours ago, bagpuss said:

This. I remember the season we finished second to Ayr and then lost home and away to Alloa in the first play-off..

Was that no the year we played Alloa home last game, drew 0-0, there were people walking round the side of the pitch to the north stand 15 mins after KO and Vaughan had the chance to win the game and league for us but hit the post with the last kick of the ball?

We then played Alloa again in the play offs the subsequent Tuesday and Saturday and they humped us? 2018 IIRC.

Edited by bobbykdy

23 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Was that no the year we played Alloa home last game, drew 0-0, there were people walking round the side of the pitch to the north stand 15 mins after KO and Vaughan had the chance to win the game and league for us but hit the post with the last kick of the ball?

We then played Alloa again in the play offs the subsequent Tuesday and Saturday and they humped us? 2018 IIRC.

Aye Davo got sent off first leg. 

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

Aye Davo got sent off first leg. 

I was at the Saturday league  game when we drew 0-0 but missed the play offs as I flew out on holiday to Poland on the Sunday, glad now tbh.