The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone else keep going online in the vague hope that there will be an announcement saying we’re getting more tickets?

Probably more chance of us signing Tony Watt but I keep checking just in case….

37 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Anyone else keep going online in the vague hope that there will be an announcement saying we’re getting more tickets?

Yes. Then I look and see if there’s any info on how to register for an account to buy United tickets. 

It seems strange that United don’t want a capacity crowd for this game. You can only imagine the reasons behind that.

6 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

RaithTV gonnae show this to our international followers? Or Utd absolutely bricking it that the noise will travel too much from our houses to Tannadice.

I was wondering that myself. If they say no to that then it's nothing more than pettiness 

Hamilton > Rudden please.

Sir Stanton has to and will play.

He’ll go with Vaughan and Easton imo.

Be great to get the first goal as United have struggled when they go 1 down plus the added benefit that the crowd would go toxic.

Fully expecting Murray to keep it tight in a low block for the majority of the game and try hit on the counter. That’s why playing Hamilton opposed to Rudden is so important for me as the former wins everything in the air and can hold the ball up far better than Zak.

On the Hamilton/Rudden selection. I really like Hamilton but we might only get 1 chance-more chance of Rudden sticking it away.

Edited by SerieA

5 hours ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

RaithTV gonnae show this to our international followers? Or Utd absolutely bricking it that the noise will travel too much from our houses to Tannadice.

8 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Emailed Dundee United yesterday telling them how ridiculous it was that fans are caught in the middle of a boardroom squabble and urging them to reconsider, no reply this far and didn't and don't expect one.

9 hours ago, SerieA said:

Kev, Murray, Dick, Stanton only guaranteed starters for me.

If fit James Brown and Mullin will start on right for me as well.

I'd say Watson also a certain starter if fit.

On team selection for Saturday... The last United game came at a great time for us because we were on a terrible run of games that we would have been expected to win and didn't - they were favourites against us and the onus was on them to bring the game to us.  Rovers dealt with that well, the crowd got right onboard especially after the Hamilton slide.  I'm hoping we go out to be solid first and let United feel the pressure of needing the win.  Let Goodwin do the overthinking and wind his own supporters up, while we have a solid, hard to beat XI of our better players.  If we're still in it at 60 mins we should be feeling positive, their crowd will be on their backs and nervy.

Hamilton looks better minute to minute in a game than Rudden but is also a fantastic sub to make at 60 or 65.  Probably not an easy call between starting him and Rudden in case the latter comes up with one of his moments.

In reality a fit right back and then a fit Watson are bigger issues