The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

Been watching United for 35yr home and away and never see trouble. You will be fine in any pub around the ground. Clep Bar is a good shout. Avoid the Troll as its tiny inside and can be a nightmare to get served 

Good to know, fwiw I've been following Rovers around and drinking in away boozers for about the same length of time and I've not seen much if any trouble in pubs over the years either (the 4 J's used to be a fav of mine to meet up with Arab work collegues).  However we seem to be seeing a resurgence of the Ned mentality, likely as not on their own wouldn't say boo to a goose and wouldn't come into pubs to start trouble but in recent times I've seen the young teams kick off at Arbroath and outside the Estuary Bar in Links St when the Pars came calling.

Of course Rovers aren't immune from this element either (far from it), and although the kids are usually great for atmosphere in the ground (when they arent lobbing pyro's) I often think they sometimes cause more problems than they are worth. 

The reality is this is just an old gadgie moaning I suppose but, when you get to the past 30, 40 then 50 you can do without it.  Give me a few pints, a bit of craic and some banter and I'm happy.

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.raithrovers.net/product/retro-top-89-90-pre-order/

Don't know whether to dive in for this or wait in the hope of the 92/93 top being released...

Well the other one hasn't arrived yet. Can't decide wether to keep it on order or cancel it for this latest one. 

They will totally release the 92/93 top, probably waiting to see if we win the league to time it for maximum sales.

While they're at it can we have these 2 please. Late eighties with white sleeves and a 1981 nylon masterpiece 

Screenshot_20240329_101501_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240329_101532_Google.jpg

Edited by pub car king

There were a few Barcelona remakes floating about on ebay, they were decent to be fair. I got one but it was too big for me so punted it on, haven't seen them since. 

From my own shitty internet research Spall made us kits from 1985 to 1993, although due to changing sponsors every season it equates to 4 different designs. 

We've seen 2 out of 4 in what appears to be ascending order from a design point of view. Would guess that the  navy with white sleeves would be next and then the league winning kit. 

Screenshot_20240329_102321_Chrome.jpg

33 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Well the other one hasn't arrived yet. Can't decide wether to keep it on order or cancel it for this latest one. 

They will totally release the 92/93 top, probably waiting to see if we win the league to time it for maximum sales.

While they're at it can we have these 2 please. Late eighties with white sleeves and a 1981 nylon masterpiece 

That lower one would be a 10/10 if it wasn't for the Bukta badge being in grey. Still a 9/10. 

37 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Donald Urquhart?

Genuinely haven't seen this one before (born in 1980 so a bit before my time) but it's an absolute beauty:

image.png.3c96c9f0208313de1b75a2c3e0735d2a.png

I'd be all over this if they re-released it though.

27 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Genuinely haven't seen this one before (born in 1980 so a bit before my time) but it's an absolute beauty:

I've been after one for years I was born in 81 so only seen it in photos. 

I'm sure bukta were rerealeasing old hibs tops a while ago. 

So anyone who works at Starks Park reading this

Futurama Buy GIF

59 minutes ago, pub car king said:

There were a few Barcelona remakes floating about on ebay, they were decent to be fair. I got one but it was too big for me so punted it on, haven't seen them since. 

From my own shitty internet research Spall made us kits from 1985 to 1993, although due to changing sponsors every season it equates to 4 different designs. 

We've seen 2 out of 4 in what appears to be ascending order from a design point of view. Would guess that the  navy with white sleeves would be next and then the league winning kit. 

Screenshot_20240329_102321_Chrome.jpg

I've got one of the Barca remakes and it's superb quality.

5 minutes ago, Overseas guy said:

From memory around about the reclaim the Rovers days the club sold off a load of old players shirts to raise money. This might be one of those. Apart from the ripped collar it's a stunning shirt 

It was good seeing that footage from the ‘90s of Dair scoring at Tannadice.

I see that Crawford and Dair have just taken over at Cowdenbeath as the new management team. 

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It was good seeing that footage from the ‘90s of Dair scoring at Tannadice.

I see that Crawford and Dair have just taken over at Cowdenbeath as the new management team. 

Is Crawford trying to manage every team in Fife 

9 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

That is fantastic news! Well done the Jim McMillan Lounge and those who helped with the installation.

Missed opportunity there- we could have take the 600 seats up to Tannadice…..

Hope Raith go on and win this and the title , like all Fife teams to do well but had a wee think that the way Utd and Rovers  are playing pass the parcel with the chance of winning the league do you think that certain players in each squad are thinking ffs if we go up I won't be playing for this team anymore as not premiership material ?? Just a thought 

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

Great top and great player - away top from this era is simple and stunning