The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Hope Raith go on and win this and the title , like all Fife teams to do well but had a wee think that the way Utd and Rovers  are playing pass the parcel with the chance of winning the league do you think that certain players in each squad are thinking ffs if we go up I won't be playing for this team anymore as not premiership material ?? Just a thought 

Can’t see us having the money to change that many of the squad. Surely if you’re a player you would rather win the league than not win it? You’ll either be playing in the Premier League or you’ll have a good chance of a move to a team who are looking to challenge for the Premier League.

Been to a few of these, nice to have a blether with players. £80 seems way more expensive than previous years.

Pricing suggests they are targeting a different group of attendees. Can't keep giving it the cash is tight for fans line them hike the price here. 

Pity the price cuts me and my laddie out out but like Stevo posts one man's rip-off is another's good deal. 

Sure it will sell well and will be a good night. 

14 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

£80 isn't too bad for a 3 course meal plus a few drinks chucked in these days is it?

I agree it's actually not too bad.  Seems like we're going for a more formal event than previous years so would expect it to be black tie.  I do love an excuse to get the kilt on though.  I'm sure I saw on twitter that Morton are going for a similar approach but theirs is £99 (+VAT?).

I think it'll be a really good night and will be buying a ticket. Already booked a room in the Dean Park too so I can make a night of it.

I've never actually been to a POTY do before.  I did once try to gate-crash at the Victoria hotel after we won the second division in 2003 but Jim Foy wouldn't let me in.  Ended up in the public bar where I met the directors and they let me lift the league trophy.  Fantastic night.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Great top and great player - away top from this era is simple and stunning 

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Great top and great player - away top from this era is simple and stunning 

I agree.

The white and navy away top was a classic, as was the green bukta goalie top that Murray McDermott wore.

I remember buying the white kit with birthday money from Brown's Bazaar.

I actually think it’s not too bad considering the price of a 3 course scran is anywhere you go - Chuck in a few jars too. Fairly reasonable. 

Have plans that weekend already or would have been all over it!

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I wonder if interest cooled after he went through that dry spell at New Year when teams worked him out. 

Although in full fairness Murraybhas had him playing a more reserved game where he does a lot of tracking back to help Liam Dick. 

Regarding the POY do. Some of you of a certain vintage will remember the guest speaker playing mainly for Motherwell through the 1980's. I've been to a couple of events where he was the guest speaker and he was really good. He was once voted best Scottish Sport after dinner speaker, so I'd imagine that his fee will be quite high and take a reasonable sized bite out of each £80 ticket. No John Gahagan and the briefs may well have been around the £65 mark. Just guessing on this figure though. On the plus side you'll get Graeme Kilgour for nowt!😊

Edited by embow

Good luck to Raith Rovers Football Club today. 

That 80 quid POTY do ticket will seem like a steal if you go on to win the league - that would be some party night.