The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've watched some of the play off QF and both sides are utterly atrocious. St Johnstone must be laughing their heads off at the prospect of the play offs. 

Fucking hell min, if that’s your idea of two “utterly atrocious” teams I think you’d be better served supporting Man City or some other soul-less, owned-by-an-oil-trillionaire Premier League club. 
On the other hand, it’s at least comforting to know that it’s not just the Rovers that you’re unnecessarily negative towards. 

5 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Fucking hell min, if that’s your idea of two “utterly atrocious” teams I think you’d be better served supporting Man City or some other soul-less, owned-by-an-oil-trillionaire Premier League club. 
On the other hand, it’s at least comforting to know that it’s not just the Rovers that you’re unnecessarily negative towards. 

I'm shocked anyone thinks any team in the Scottish Championship is anything other than garbage. There's virtually no quality on offer at all. 

Anyhow, I turned on Barnsley v Bolton which was miles better. 

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm shocked anyone thinks any team in the Scottish Championship is anything other than garbage. There's virtually no quality on offer at all. 

Surely one of the most depressing things written on this website.

Going back to the Stevenson and Hanlon conversation, Stevenson would be an upgrade on dick even at his age, at least he doesn’t get a nose bleed going past the halfway line and Hanlon could be the Berra signing a calm presence at the back and a leader by all accounts and it would help the likes of Corr and Hannah to learn off of… oh and throw in Chalmers I think he’s a good player but would he do what Murray wants and that’s working hard and doing the dirty side? (Not been on the thread since the rumours have came out) 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've watched some of the play off QF and both sides are utterly atrocious. St Johnstone must be laughing their heads off at the prospect of the play offs. 

Another howler of a take from yourself. Great game, counter attacking at pace, Megwa a standout and too very good teams.

Aye, I’m sure St Johnstone are laughing their c0cks off…I know they score a goal about 1 in every 3 games but I’m sure they’ll just give any team from the Championship a riding.

Peculiar guy you are…plenty negative guys in the south stand albeit a lot less this season..difference is they don’t post on here. I think the previous poster is right ..P&B is your hobby. 

7 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Another howler of a take from yourself. Great game, counter attacking at pace, Megwa a standout and too very good teams.

Aye, I’m sure St Johnstone are laughing their c0cks off…I know they score a goal about 1 in every 3 games but I’m sure they’ll just give any team from the Championship a riding.

Peculiar guy you are…plenty negative guys in the south stand albeit a lot less this season..difference is they don’t post on here. I think the previous poster is right ..P&B is your hobby. 

You have no clue about football if you think that was a great game. The best player was a guy who can't even make the grade at Hibs, who are a solid bottom 6 Premier side. 

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You have no clue about football if you think that was a great game. The best player was a guy who can't even make the grade at Hibs, who are a solid bottom 6 Premier side. 

No one is watching these games thinking they are great to watch from a quality perspective. Everyone who watches Scottish football clearly knows it’s not the same fucking standard as the top leagues. But it’s our league, our teams. Stop fucking moaning. 

I was quite happy to see both defences are there to be gotten at. Not that we'd know it with Airdire given how that's gone this season. 

More of the same in the second leg, which will hopefully go to extra time also. 

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

More of the same in the second leg, which will hopefully go to extra time also. 

Let’s hope so. With it being a draw, it means Friday night will be a battle. Without wishing ill of anyone, a few knocks and strains wouldn’t go a miss either!

Everyone who watched the game thought it was great. You and only you and it’s always you who thinks differently. You watched Bolton though so your comments are as credible as ever. 

10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I turned on Barnsley v Bolton 

Nobody that's ever enjoyed anything would do that to themselves. 

If you're watching a championship play-off game and expecting prime Pep Barcelona then you're always setting yourself up for disappointment.  Football is about excitement and entertainment.  If you don't think the match last night provided that then I genuinely think football isn't for you.

As for the game itself, I thought both teams looked decent going forward but definitely there to be got at in defence.  If we can keep our recent defensive form going, I really fancy our chances against either team.

Personally I think the Scottish Championship is a very good league.  At least half the teams are fighting for the top, and the other half are fighting to avoid the trapdoor.  Makes for very few meaningless games, and although the majority of the players are not exactly Messi or Ronaldo, they give their all and what they maybe lack in skill they make up for in effort.  The Scottish Championship is one of the most competitive leagues there are.  Much better than the Premiershit and that carry on down south.  Probably the closest match to the Scottish Championship for competition (obviously not quality) would be the English Championship.  Several teams there are always in with a shout to get up.
Incidentally, as a 'neutral-ish' for last nights game I thought it was a decent end to end match.  I say neutral-ish because I honestly didnt care who wins until the inevitable scenes at the Excelsior where they try to make it look like Ibrox.  The butchers apron everywhere.  That coupled with the fact we canny buy a win over Airdrie!

9 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

It looks like Airdrie and Thistle will both go down swinging,   I would imagine if Raith play this right over 2 legs,  the rest and fitness should play a massive part, 

You must be a fucking joy to sit near at Starks Park. 

The level of the Championship, and Scottish football as a whole has improved year over year. Its never going to be the same level as a Champions League tie may be but its getting better and will continue to do so as long as there are people willing to learn and adopt new ideas, change their ways of thinking and continually improve themselves. Thats players, coaches, clubs from professional to grass roots and fans. 

So instead you watched a team who noted Scottish football luminaries Nicky Cadden and Luca Connell both start for?

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Anyhow, I turned on Barnsley v Bolton

Scouting Jack Iredale, eh? Too bad he isn’t playing.

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You must be a fucking joy to sit near at Starks Park. 

IMG_0808.jpeg.6064dafd879112e34caf7429c294e250.jpeg