The New Raith Rovers Thread

Signed a while back.  Announced today. ;)  

Excellent signing.

No doubt as he is another one the Pars were creaming themselves over the prospect of signing he will now be too old, injury prone, not good enough for them anyway, Rovers are the new Gretna and the usual other bullshit the fans of that abolutely massive up there with Barcelona Townies come out with.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

4 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

To answer Tx's question about potential RB....I just have a feeling that we'll be seeing Megwa at Rovers.  I don't see him getting near the first team at Hibs and I actually think they might let him go on a permanent deal (with the usual sell-on clauses).

It’ll be interesting to see how Gray feels about Megwa, and I’d certainly welcome him on either a season long loan or a signing.

6 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I'm basing this on absolutely nothing other than a hunch  and am fully prepared to be completely wrong and mocked accordingly.

Nah, people will never have a wee go at you for guesses and thoughts…not on P&B. 🥸

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Can we sign Ashcroft as well just for shits and giggles? 

To be fair, we do still probably need to replace Corr or we're one injury/suspension away from Dick or Brown being the back-up CB and we don't want to be in that position again.  

I'd imagine Ashcroft would stretch the budget a bit too much for that role and we would also struggle to keep 4 experienced CB's happy.  I'd expect another youngster to come in to fill that role.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’ll be interesting to see how Gray feels about Megwa, and I’d certainly welcome him on either a season long loan or a signing.

Nah, people will never have a wee go at you for guesses and thoughts…not on P&B. 🥸

You deserve it Tx, sometimes 😜😂😂 but we are all pals really 

8 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

To be fair, we do still probably need to replace Corr or we're one injury/suspension away from Dick or Brown being the back-up CB and we don't want to be in that position again.  

I'd imagine Ashcroft would stretch the budget a bit too much for that role and we would also struggle to keep 4 experienced CB's happy.  I'd expect another youngster to come in to fill that role.

Stevenson will be first choice LB. This makes Dick cover for LB and LCB, making Brown 5th choice option for CB. A RB, winger/no.10 and a striker and that’s likely us likely done.

9 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

We have have we not? Last season we had Watson, Murray and Corr. This season we've got Hanlon, Murray and Fordyce. 

4 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Stevenson will be first choice LB. This makes Dick cover for LB and LCB, making Brown 5th choice option for CB. A RB, winger/no.10 and a striker and that’s likely us likely done.

Sounds like Hanlon's been sorted for a while though and an offer was on the table to Corr so that would suggest Murray thinks we need another CB on the books.  I do agree with you on the other requirements.

46 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Rb to come and that's the defence well and truly improved upon from last season in every position. 

That's quite possibly the best defence we've had since the days of my namesake,  maybe even better 

18 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

You deserve it Tx, sometimes 😜😂😂 but we are all pals really 

Ain’t a soul in here that hasn’t said something stupid at some point…and that’s why it’s great.

Now, that’s idea about Stevenson at RB…

Anyone notice McPake’s “interview” with the Courier. Basically saying the Pars can’t really afford to compete this year with Ayr, Raith and Partick splashing to sign and Livi retooling.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/5016452/james-mcpake-cant-compete-dunfermline-championship-rivals/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Anyone notice McPake’s “interview” with the Courier. Basically saying the Pars can’t really afford to compete this year with Ayr, Raith and Partick splashing to sign and Livi retooling.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/5016452/james-mcpake-cant-compete-dunfermline-championship-rivals/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Good

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Falkirk were all over themselves when they beat us 6-2 in a friendly, they ended up 6th in league 1 and we finished 3rd in the Championship. 

The phrase living rent free in your head comes to mind.

41 minutes ago, TxRover said:

40 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Good

Bad 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Am i reading correctly that our cladding is being done free of charge costs covered by a new sponsor. If so great piece of business by the club.

I doubt free of charge but probably reduced charge. There is a bit on the website about it and states that both parties have invested a significant amount. 

21 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I doubt free of charge but probably reduced charge. There is a bit on the website about it and states that both parties have invested a significant amount. 

I saw that after I posted. Still decent piece of business and another new sponsor on board.

Just now, YorkshireRover said:

Hanlon a brilliant signing. Club really showing they mean business but I for one can't wait for the meltdown on here the first time we concede from a corner.

IF we ever concede from a corner....