The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I took someone who is with another club to be a current coach, rather than a manager like Rhys McCabe etc. 

Starting to suspect it’ll be someone who’ll be underwhelming, at least initially. 

Yeah possibly Leven/O’Dea. Or, if the courier is anything to go by, Drumchapel United!

10 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Or broonie 😂😂

Scott Brown very likely to watch Raith tomorrow if we are playing you next in a couple weeks and already played Hamilton.  Maybe he would just send Whittaker in these circumstances :lol:

26 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I took someone who is with another club to be a current coach, rather than a manager like Rhys McCabe etc. 

Starting to suspect it’ll be someone who’ll be underwhelming, at least initially. 

I think the opposite tbh I think it will be someone in a job but decent, probably wrong and hoping for no heart’s connection 😉

4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

There were a fair few of your mob piled on when we sold the stadium rights to KDM. One of them types the full "KDM Group East End Park" name slowly with one hand every time he mentions it on here.

The majority of our fans couldn't give a flying f**k, me included.

Hope whatever money you get is used to good effect. f**k knows where ours went.

And those of us who had fun must now take our lumps, enjoy.

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Tx branching out?

Still training the LLM on Vince Lombardi and Yogi Berra.

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

It didn’t have the phrase “riding the pine” anywhere within it, so I ruled him out 

Investigative journalism at its finest.

Meanwhile, whomever our new manager is, they could use some useful phrases from American football to channel their inner Ted Lasso. I offer:

“If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.” - Use this for the first team meeting.

“You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.” - Useful for a derby match speech.

“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something.“ - Just needs a wee bit of tweaking.

“You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle.“ - Something to confuse them in practice.

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

All eyes will be on the directors box or elsewhere in the stands tomorrow to see if they can spy someone 😂😂😂😂 instead of watching the game 

Liam Dick’s da?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

And those of us who had fun must now take our lumps, enjoy.

Still training the LLM on Vince Lombardi and Yogi Berra.

Investigative journalism at its finest.

Meanwhile, whomever our new manager is, they could use some useful phrases from American football to channel their inner Ted Lasso. I offer:

“If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.” - Use this for the first team meeting.

“You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.” - Useful for a derby match speech.

“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something.“ - Just needs a wee bit of tweaking.

“You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle.“ - Something to confuse them in practice.

Sounds like something Berra would come back with from Yankee land 😂😂😂

A lot of nothing in that Courier piece, really.

Initially, I took Barrowman’s Raith TV interview as a literal, “We have a candidate in mind (before binning Murray), with a few as a backup.” Now I think it was more of a, “We always have a shortlist of potential candidates we would - theoretically - pursue.”

Still no clearer on who I suspect it’ll be but despite their potential, I’d honestly be underwhelmed with the likes of Courts, Leven or O’Dea.

Rhys McCabe would be the only realistic target (who is arguably not a realistic target) I’d be excited at from the off.

3 hours ago, SerieA said:

Manager to be announced tomorrow or weekend.Will be in attendance tomorrow at game.

Will take over Monday with 2 weeks training and time to get players in ahead of Ayr game.

Where have you seen this. The Courier are saying into next week