The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, ganainm85 said:

10 trophies in 10 years for Linfield isn't the win you seem to think it is. As I said in another thread, each to their own. If he gets the job we will see if he can do better than last year and judge from there. 

He has a huge managerial career with Raith Rovers to look forward to. We are a bigger club than Linfield imo. He’s different from the usual dullards we’ve been connected with. I remember a certain Northern Irish guy with absolutely no experience whatsoever and took us to you know what happened. Give him the chance……if he is the guy the club want. 

Just waiting for the 'he's a bit too Rangers'y' what with his previous for flute mimicking towards Celtic fans and only this year endorsing an MP who is an Orange Order member.

Lets face it, no-one in this thread will have an indepth knowledge of David Healys tactics, style of play or the state of the Northern Irish Prem over the last 10 years to judge whether or not Healy was simply winning because it's expected or if he performed well.

For me, I'm excited by the prospect of a manager I know very little about other than he was tenuiously linked with an English Championship role and he's got a bag of experience as a player at International level along with European experience as a player and manager. It's someone outside the usual scope of Scottish managers and if the board feel he is the right man to take us forward then i'm all for it. I'll certainly not be looking for reasons for him to fail because he played half a season at Rangers or because he's not a Pep Guardiola regen.

Just now, Keyser Soze said:

For me Shaughan it's more that the club are 'looking outside the box' so to speak, when you see some of the usual jobbers being linked to us along with the likes of Novo then I'd much prefer it if we got Healey in. 

Yeah Peter Leven may well have allegedly knocked us back and could have potentially been a more prominent appointment, if true we went looking elsewhere. If this is confirmed then I applaud the board for looking further afield than the usual Scottish managerial merry-go-round. 

Hmm, feels like they’re continually ticking the “played for Rangers” box, but agreed it isn’t a name that anyone had previously suggested. 

Just now, Raithie said:

Just waiting for the 'he's a bit too Rangers'y' what with his previous for flute mimicking towards Celtic fans and only this year endorsing an MP who is an Orange Order member.

You're waiting for that... but it doesn't bother you.  Got it. 

The fact is you won't be in a minority there, and he might well do a solid job.  The club shouldn't expect everyone to be enthusiastic about it though.

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

Hmm, feels like they’re continually ticking the “played for Rangers” box, but agreed it isn’t a name that anyone had previously suggested. 

Did anyone suggest Austin McPhee? Manager of Cupar Hearts and  born in Kirkcaldy must surely carry a fair bit of kudos.🥹😂

An ex Man Utd youth player who played for Rangers and is Northern Irish, just give us the league cup now 😂 

Not a name I’d have guessed but at least he’s got experience and has won things during his career. Is it a good appointment only time will tell but it’s a hell of a lot more inspiring than some of the names mentioned on here (I’ll see your Liam Fox and raise you Nacho Novo!). Certainly not a done deal yet but sounds likely from the reports. I know he’s 45 but any chance he can bring his boots, scored a few for Northern Ireland in his day. 

Just to add, an ex-striker may have the thought  "if we score more goals than them we win the game" rather than let's just not let too many in.

Potential Kevin Keeganesqe approach - just a thought

4 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Just to add, an ex-striker may have the thought  "if we score more goals than them we win the game" rather than let's just not let too many in.

Potential Kevin Keeganesqe approach - just a thought

or Murrayball all over again, although he only did it when we were in a losing position.

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

They didn’t appoint Ian Murray. They did appoint Barry Ferguson and Kevin Thompson. 

For a team who's fanbase and board at the time were majority Rangers fans. Popular appointments at the time. It's a little bit different here but if that's the theme you want to focus on with a potential Healy appointment, bash on. It's easy to make the connection if you ignore the differences between Kelty Hearts and Raith Rovers.

Its certainly different. Its a manager who knows the expectations of building a team capable of winning a league, its what the board want/demand this season. Granted the team he's won it with have a financial advantage over the rest, similar to the OF here or when Gretna did it.

I think the main thing we need in an appointment is someone who can deliver and who can take this squad and get results. Is that Healy? Who knows. Had it been O'Dea, Leven or O'Carroll, would they be able to manage those expectations? They've got very little experience behind them to back it up, that would have been a very risky move.

Time will tell, maybe this will fall through and we're back to square one again. 

All we know for sure is tomorrow we play Ayr, we need 3 points in the bag. The rest is speculation. 

My one memory of David Healy is a Scotland vs Northern Ireland match at Hampden he played in. The Northern Irish fans would sing Away In A Manger and then burst into a chorus of Healy at the line he lay

He has a lot of making up to do for that abomination imo.

For those who are upset at this I’d love to know who they’d want that is realistic. 

I don’t profess to know much about Healy as a manager. I’ve a good mate who is a Larne season ticket holder and Larne have beaten them to the league the last two years with a much bigger budget but means very little to me. 

he’ll perhaps be able to bring in unearthed gems from that league aswell. 

If I’m honest, looking at the usual list in the Scottish managerial merry go round I like the fact the board have looked further afield and I hope it comes off. 

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

They didn’t appoint Ian Murray. They did appoint Barry Ferguson and Kevin Thompson. 

You weren’t happy with how things were going under Murray, you weren’t happy with him being sacked and now you’re not happy with the new manager.

I can’t believe I’m even typing this but we apparently approached Diarmuid O'Carroll, O’Dea was supposedly also in the frame and the Scott Brown rumours won’t have come from nowhere/out of nothing. Not exactly Ranger-sy individuals? I couldn’t care who our prospective manager played (or didn’t play) for, clearly, for some reason, that is a concern for you.

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Its certainly different. Its a manager who knows the expectations of building a team capable of winning a league, its what the board want/demand this season. Granted the team he's won it with have a financial advantage over the rest, similar to the OF here or when Gretna did it.

I think the main thing we need in an appointment is someone who can deliver and who can take this squad and get results. Is that Healy? Who knows. Had it been O'Dea, Leven or O'Carroll, would they be able to manage those expectations? They've got very little experience behind them to back it up, that would have been a very risky move.

Time will tell, maybe this will fall through and we're back to square one again. 

All we know for sure is tomorrow we play Ayr, we need 3 points in the bag. The rest is speculation. 

An outbreak of common sense and proper perspective prevailing in this post. What chances this novel approach actually catching on?🥴

23 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Who each got them promoted 🤣

If the boards secret modus operandi is to appoint a former rangers player as manager, get us promoted and leave us in a higher league with much improved infrastructure... then I can live with that