The New Raith Rovers Thread

No problem with the club asking for more money from their members. These are premium areas of the ground, and if the club are fully booked for hospitality they could be using those spaces for more money. Whether we like it or not, if supporters want a pint and a chat there are other options and Raith have the right to use the rooms in the ground to maximise income.

Club has been fair on season ticket prices and cost of things like kit, I am sure they will have done their research before asking for more money instead of ‘fleecing’ supporters.

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

550 means v little on its own. What is the 550 for? A week? Month? Year?

How much was it, whatever it is, before?

It was £120 a year. It was proposed by the club that it went to £450. It was then agreed that it went to £250. 

£550 is plain wrong. 

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

so let me get this right.....you HAVE NEVER SEEN FREEMAN PLAY?....

BUT you would play him at right back ahead of Stevenson,,,,,,,,wow..

.STRANGE LOGIC FRIEND!!

It was a subtle dig at Stevenson's play on the wrong side of the pitch for him.

I can see why subtle slid right past you though, going by your post there.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It was £120 a year. It was proposed by the club that it went to £450. It was then agreed that it went to £250. 

£550 is plain wrong. 

I’m not a member of each of those clubs so to get access each member pays £250to get access to a pay bar? Excuse my ignorance on this subject 

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

550 means v little on its own. What is the 550 for? A week? Month? Year?

How much was it, whatever it is, before?

Seems to me you have a choice if you want to join these clubs, it's not for me so I don't.

I do other things within the club that suit me be better and I'm happy to pay the money required to be part of that.

If I was in need of a drink before a game and it was too expensive in the ground I would have one before attending.

I kind of look at my payment as a means of support for the club and the ammount is what I'm happy to pay.

At the end of the day my choice if I choose to join a group within the club

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

call me a crack pot, but there’s a few Elephants in the room down at Starks. I’ve been speaking to a few dyed in the wool Rovers fans, especially guys that get the supporters buses through to games. It’s maybe through the amounts of booze being consumed on the way I don’t know. The rumours about Stanton were wife I mean rife. The Murray sacking and the Barrowman and Potter double act. So what happens if Healy says yes. Will he  be allowed to bring his own back room staff or will he have to work with Mickey. Will Potter and Barrowman interfere with his decision making. Unless his job will only be a coaching role. For me a club Manager runs the whole shebang. The Murray sacking, that interview was telling in itself.  Was he sacked because he was inwardly criticising B&P. I’ve also heard fans putting their own money into the club via sponsorships and promised the Earth to be snubbed. Maybe these are conspiracies. These aren’t my thoughts it’s from guys directly involved with the McMillan group and the 200 club. I can’t divulge names sorry. 

You’re a crackpot.

14 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Stevenson was completely hopeless at right back. I'd rather Freeman played there, and I've never seen Freeman play yet!

This is nuts, he had a really good game.  I was hoping he would be more shite and was disappointed.   

Just in terms of say the 200 club for example. How does it work? 

Do members pay an annual fee to go in there and the club pay Raith Rovers a rent for the facilities. Or do Raith Rovers take a percentage of any profits at the end of the year. 

I genuinely am ignorant about these things. 

Also as a side note to that didn't the club what to convert the currant club shop I to a sports bar for fans to use on match days. 

Just now, pub car king said:

Also as a side note to that didn't the club what to convert the currant club shop I to a sports bar for fans to use on match days. 

Had heard that but which club shop? I've no idea where the main club shop is these days. There was one in the South Stand, one in the Main Stand and now a portakabin outside the turnstiles. I went to go into the Main Stand shop before the Partick game but door was locked and the portakabin only looked to be selling the strips and nothing else. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Just in terms of say the 200 club for example. How does it work? 

Do members pay an annual fee to go in there and the club pay Raith Rovers a rent for the facilities. Or do Raith Rovers take a percentage of any profits at the end of the year. 

I genuinely am ignorant about these things. 

Club shop and the office space.  They won't be able to do that until the build the new office and club shop on the hill next to the steps though.  I would guess we'll be looking at next season at the earliest for the bar to be open (if they go ahead with it).

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'd heard that the plan was to move the current hospitality downstairs into a refurbished area and use what is currently used for hospitality in the Main Stand as the location for the Sports Bar. I also heard that the plan was for that bar to be accessible via Membership as well.

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Everyone's gone feral. Appoint a manager FFS. 

Some will still swear that it's "fir real", new manager or not!🥺

Edited by embow
Word space required

2 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

The rumours about Stanton were wife I mean rife.

The only “rumours” about Stanton what I’ve seen on different socials like Facebook and Twitter/X is that apparently he wants away/handed in a transfer request which I don’t believe personally would be daft to let him go now imo 

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I thought the building in the hill had been kicked back by the council due to traffic that's why the portacabin is now a part time cafe. 

The cafe element was rejected by the council, the building itself I presume wasn’t. I remember when the new owners first came in and done interviews etc they said they wanted to build a cafe there and have the offices and club shop, and then convert the old offices into the sports bar. Would be nice  to see it happen but I guess it may take more time with the grass pitch fiasco coming into play 

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Everyone's gone feral. Appoint a manager FFS. 

It's not even September and I'm throroughly sick of the season.