The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, DITSOR said:

At worst with 3 points after 3 games, without a managerial vacancy, intact reputation and without national embarrassment? 

Could easily have been left with zero points to be fair.  Murrays interview after the Airdrie game would have set alarm bells ringing if he wasn't given the bullet so soon after.

National embarrassment is a bit much, although it does look like the club are making a bit of arse of this- the optics are not good - regardless of how it's come about.

1 minute ago, Kooz92 said:

I don't understand where he has failed? 

He's sacked our manager after one league game and had no plan in place for replacing him. That's how he's failed.

Him making such a bold decision without the new manager already agreed is simply a failure, I'm not sure how anyone can suggest otherwise? He's our CEO, it's his job.

2 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

He did move fast. Peter Leven knocked us back 2 weeks ago and we were refused permission to speak to Diarmud O'Carrol. We then went and agreed personal terms with David Healy last week only for Linfield to beat us out. I don't understand where he has failed? Is he meant to hold a managerial candidate hostage at gunpoint and force them to sign the contract? We've failed to appoint our preferred options, should we just panic and appoint some random dross? Absolute nonsense

I think on here seems to be, that is exactly where this is headed.

1 minute ago, Kooz92 said:

He did move fast. Peter Leven knocked us back 2 weeks ago and we were refused permission to speak to Diarmud O'Carrol. We then went and agreed personal terms with David Healy last week only for Linfield to beat us out. I don't understand where he has failed? Is he meant to hold a managerial candidate hostage at gunpoint and force them to sign the contract? We've failed to appoint our preferred options, should we just panic and appoint some random dross? Absolute nonsense

I've been happy to cut the board as a whole some slack, but this is our best season to get to the top flight in goodness knows how many years, and we've spent almost all of August with no manager, no right backs, fewer forward options than last season and our best midfielder may or may not want away.

I'm going to suggest something has went wrong somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Wouldn't be professional if we'd already had talks with potential managers prior to sacking our current manager. Look at the shithosery that McKinnon did with us and Dundee united 

2 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Wouldn't be professional if we'd already had talks with potential managers prior to sacking our current manager. Look at the shithosery that McKinnon did with us and Dundee united 

The only relevent data point there is that United (for better or worse) got the man they wanted.

Edited by renton

3 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

He's sacked our manager after one league game and had no plan in place for replacing him. That's how he's failed.

Him making such a bold decision without the new manager already agreed is simply a failure, I'm not sure how anyone can suggest otherwise? He's our CEO, it's his job.

There was a plan in place. Like I said, we were refused permission to speak to one target and another declined. You think we should be a business who goes out and agrees to sign a new manager while the current manager is still in the role? Talk about a bad reputation. 

Just now, Kooz92 said:

There was a plan in place. Like I said, we were refused permission to speak to one target and another declined. You think we should be a business who goes out and agrees to sign a new manager while the current manager is still in the role? Talk about a bad reputation. 

It happens in every walk of life.

7 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Barrowman has skin in the game though does he not? 

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I've been happy to cut the board as a whole some slack, but this is our best season to get to the top flight in goodness knows how many years, and we've spent almost all of August with no manager, no right backs, fewer forward options than last season and our best midfielder may or may not want away.

I wouldn't disagree but I find it strange for people to be claiming we should sack Barrowman and he hasn't had a plan when we've evidently been trying to appoint people and they've not panned out. The answer to fixing our managerial issue is to sack the CEO who is responsible for filling the vacancy? 

Just now, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Agree to disagree sweetcheeks. If you don't think he's monumentally f*cked it then good on you.

Don't worry cupcake, once a manager is appointed you can find something else to pee your panties over.

Just now, renton said:

Yes.

Some Raith fans - "Sacking our manager one game into the season has damaged our reputation" 

Those same Raith fans - "We should employ bad business practices which would damage our reputation".

Geniuses

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

Do you mean the best chance to get to the top flight since last season?

Just now, Kooz92 said:

Some Raith fans - "Sacking our manager one game into the season has damaged our reputation" 

Those same Raith fans - "We should employ bad business practices which would damage our reputation".

Geniuses

Well if you are going to f**k your reputation by sacking a guy one game in, you may as well be consistent about it and have his replacement tapped up.