The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

Erm, sorry to burst yer bubble. But his Cork City are currently 16 points clear of their nearest rivals. CC were relegated last season and now blowing every team out of the water in the league below and heading to win the title with ease. Hardly a failure. The truth is, any potential manager worth their salt will sound out Ian Murray about what they’ll expect. Barrowman and Potter are in complete control, and any manager that deigns to interfere or criticise will be out. 

somewhere i read in an artucle on that he said healy would be a fool not to accept the job and that he would jump at the oppor5unity

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

This might not be utter pish if your board had announced there would a planned process taking over a month and asked for fan patience.

You have clearly been turned down your preferred candidate weeks ago and someone else today.

There is no process, you are bumbling from one candidate to the next.

Yes we know. Thanks for reminding us though.

Just now, Varna Rover said:

somewhere i read in an artucle on that he said healy would be a fool not to accept the job and that he would jump at the oppor5unity

Like I said, all  of these potential managers haven’t sounded out the guy that got pumped out after 1 competitive game. The Townie contingent are in complete and utter control of everything, even management.

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Like I said, all  of these potential managers haven’t sounded out the guy that got pumped out after 1 competitive game. The Townie contingent are in complete and utter control of everything, even management.

we dont know that and maybe thats another challenge when deciding a contract

8 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

What does “The Townie contingent are in complete and utter control of everything, even management.” mean? 

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

What does “The Townie contingent are in complete and utter control of everything, even management.” mean? 

i was being flippant with their close affiliation with the Pars. I’m sure McKenzie is a Pars fan too

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

i was being flippant with their close affiliation with the Pars. I’m sure McKenzie is a Pars fan too

You are incorrect, he is not a Pars fan.

With Healy rejecting us I think Tim Clancy will be our new manager. Spent 7 years in Scottish football and has good experience in management. He also has his UEFA pro license so fits the criteria for 1st team coach.

36 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Colin Smart, the man with all the money, is a Rovers man through and through and the Vice Chairman. 

Away with your stupid Townie pish.

When everyone is fit, we look like we should be solid defensively, up to and including the base of midfield.

We then have:

Mullin 

Connolly

Gibson

Montagu

Stanton

Vaughan

Smith 

Easton

Jamieson

All 9 look on their day like they could do a job going forward, either as wingers, through the middle, or as supporting strikers.

I appreciate until we either sign a number 9, or get Hamilton fit and firing, some tactics are not playable. We cant be firing in crosses all game if there's no one to meet them.

What we do seem to do is go forward at half pace, cut in, play some ok stuff which is fairly toothless, and then rely on a moment of magic rather than a coherent style of play.

Squad rotation is great when you're winning, but at the moment it feels like we're swapping bodies but not the way we're playing.

I want a manager that will come in and marshall this mass of decent attacking talent in to a system and stick with it.

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Colin Smart, the man with all the money, is a Rovers man through and through and the Vice Chairman. 

Away with your stupid Townie pish.

I never mentioned Colin Smart ya ding, I was being flippant about B&P

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Personally no… it would be a massively left field appointment and comes with a larger element of risk than I think is worth taking. We need someone who’s used to winning this league or other similar achievements.

Yogi 2: this time it’s personal 

I’ll call it now, sacking Murray after one league game was a mistake. 28 points from 2024 was still play off form. I’ll be interested to see who we eventually convince to replace him and where we end up in the league.

If I was a prospective candidate who the Board are looking at to take over I’d be contemplating the ‘one game and fired’ decision and thinking ‘that could be me.’

Hopefully this new boy can get Vaughan and Stanton fit and scoring and the likes of Easton back in form and scoring.

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

Massive gamble and doesn’t fill me with any enthusiasm tbh but right now not sure anyone will 

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

another idiot who like to poke fun at people. if you have nothing sensible to post just keep quiet

Not poking fun, stating the obvious, they're the only full-time club in the League, 2nd placed team is the university team.

A few pages back @Stardog_champion got a bit of flack for posting some rumours.

From what I’m hearing there’s a serious chance we’re losing Stanton. Is he fook injured. 

3 games in and we’re looking at a clusterf**k of a season already unless someone (Barrowman) puts his foot on the ball and sorts this out.

Maybe the correct decision to bin Murray, maybe not. I can understand the reason for doing so. However the timing was a disgrace and the lack of succession planning reeks of incompetence or naivety.

We’re likely 2 defeats away from being bottom of the league. Not bad for title favourites from an improved squad who finished second.

Some will say I’m a knicker wetter. That’s fine. I’ve been to every friendly, every diddy cup and all 3 league games and there’s something completely wrong with the team. Literally 3/4 shots on target in 270+ minutes of league football. 2 of those were long range efforts which had no chance of going in.

It’s all fixable but I’m only stating what is factually happening and happened so far this season.