The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just what is all this pessimism from you guys. Division one is not the english premiership and theres not that much to choose from the lot of us.

I can understand you not wanting to get too carried away, but jesus all this negativity is way over the top. No one said it was going to be easy, but you lot appear to have capitulated already.

We may not have the biggest squad, but we sure as hell have a good squad that is more than capable of dishing out many shocks this season.

I think the lang toun should be renamed after you guys. DOOM TOWN

You have a history of being over the top in your praise of the rovers, your reports after watching a few Anelka training sessions being the best example. So I might take what you say about our squads abilities and our chances this season with a couple of tonnes of salt.

You have a history of being over the top in your praise of the rovers, your reports after watching a few Anelka training sessions being the best example. So I might take what you say about our squads abilities and our chances this season with a couple of tonnes of salt.

Particularly when he was claiming we'd be comfortably relegated before the Airdrie game, before proclaiming a top half finish was on the cards after it.

Paco and MW

;):rolleyes::D:D

As a point MW how many games have you seen this season??

Not entirely sure what I've said to upset you today, but I've seen 3. I've been pretty impressed, although I appreciate that pre-season counts for nothing.

You aint upset me at all pal.

Hey i changed my opinion as many others have done. ;)

When i said we would be relegated we had not even a full squad then. Now we have a smallish but quite strong squad and one that will fare far better than many suspect.

We will be ok this year and i suggest its other teams that should worry about us, not us about them. :rolleyes: B)

It's good that we're getting another striker in, but who is he going to replace? You have to assume it's going to be Weir and the loan signing up front, but will Tade drop out of the team or move into another position?

Personally, I think McGlynn will use Tade as an impact sub, his pace and strength could cause havoc for a tiring defence.

You aint upset me at all pal.

Hey i changed my opinion as many others have done. ;)

When i said we would be relegated we had not even a full squad then. Now we have a smallish but quite strong squad and one that will fare far better than many suspect.

We will be ok this year and i suggest its other teams that should worry about us, not us about them. :rolleyes: B)

We've nothing to fear - teams expect to beat us. I don't know how it'll all pan out, really. What I've seen so far is encouraging, yet pre-season friendlies are notoriously poor indicators. Just for the sake of an example - we beat Bradford under Anelka. We then lost to Albion bloody Rovers! To rub it in, the fattest b*****d I've ever seen on a football pitch scored that day, painful.

My main concerns are with the fact that our strikers couldn't hit a barn door and the size of the squad. Hopefully this loan signing will help settle the first. As for the second, I just hope we can stay pretty much injury free.

RE the striker scenario - I'd personally drop Weir ahead of Tade at the moment. Neither of them have looked like scoring, but Weir has contributed a lot less than Tade has. In fact, I'm not actually sure Weir has managed to register a shot in the 3 games I've seen.

Edited by Michael W

Yep, i will never forget that goal. Embarrasing to say the least.

I honestly think many are underestimating the new young guys. Ok, they havent the experience at this level granted, but they are all very good prospects. And everyone seems to be missing the point about our squad.

Unlike Dundee and ICT who have set position players we have a squad of players most of whom can play comfortably in different position. Thats the real strength in our squad and if as i suspect our loan strikers is a hibs player then we are better positioned than many would think.

I agree, its going to be hard, but we will be ok.

RE the striker scenario - I'd personally drop Weir ahead of Tade at the moment. Neither of they have looked like scoring, but Weir has contributed a lot less than Tade has. In fact, I'm not actually sure Weir has managed to register a shot in the 3 games I've seen.

After watching the video from Tuesday I thought Tade looked better, much better. He did well to pick the ball up on the edge of the box with those two defenders coming to clobber him.

I'd like to also praise Ma Kalambi and their wee no.7

Basically, we aren't reeling from the fallout of a failed experiment from some French goon.

I know it isn't black and white, but there is a far better structure in place now than there was when Dalziel came in after Anelka.

Yeah, fair point actually. But there's no reason to suppose we'd be any better placed than we were, say, twelve months ago. Which I think is what I may have misread you as having said.

I agree with those who are encouraged by pre-season form, you shouldn't read too much into it I know but it never stops me, I'm pretty confident right now.

I also agree Weir would be dropped before Tade at the moment, should another striker come in who's worthy of a starting place.

We've nothing to fear - teams expect to beat us. I don't know how it'll all pan out, really. What I've seen so far is encouraging, yet pre-season friendlies are notoriously poor indicators. Just for the sake of an example - we beat Bradford under Anelka. We then lost to Albion bloody Rovers! To rub it in, the fattest b*****d I've ever seen on a football pitch scored that day, painful.

My main concerns are with the fact that our strikers couldn't hit a barn door and the size of the squad. Hopefully this loan signing will help settle the first. As for the second, I just hope we can stay pretty much injury free.

RE the striker scenario - I'd personally drop Weir ahead of Tade at the moment. Neither of them have looked like scoring, but Weir has contributed a lot less than Tade has. In fact, I'm not actually sure Weir has managed to register a shot in the 3 games I've seen.

Yardley didn't score, btw.

Exactly.

Yes it is encouraging to see us do well pre season.

However.

Pre season games mean naff all. Anelka's team were said to look promising in pre season.

That is all.

Exactly.

Yes it is encouraging to see us do well pre season.

However.

Pre season games mean naff all. Anelka's team were said to look promising in pre season.

That is all.

we must have played some crap teams that pre season :lol:

Tell me Calderon.

If pre season games mean naff all, then why do you and all others discuss the games and the players. Are you telling us all that your critiques and analysis also mean naff all. ;) B)

The whole truth is these friendly games do mean a lot to the players, the manager and clearly to those who discuss them.