The New Raith Rovers Thread

Tell me Calderon.

If pre season games mean naff all, then why do you and all others discuss the games and the players. Are you telling us all that your critiques and analysis also mean naff all. ;) B)

The whole truth is these friendly games do mean a lot to the players, the manager and clearly to those who discuss them.

It's called clutching at straws. The pre seasons don't mean much, what we can take form them is limited by the lack of true competition in them. What we cans ee is that the squad does look disciplined and fit. We can enjoy the little bits of skill that guys like Smith and Tade (or is that brute force in his case) try, but it's up to them to show that in a competitive game.

So Renton, what your saying is every fan is clutching at straws regards their team.

If thats the case, then surely, at this stage of the season every team is equal according to you, so why should we worry.

In truth, i would suggest the pre season friendlies have a lot of meaning for many fans. What happens pre season is the fans build up to the season proper. It builds the fans perception of what to expect and hope for starting Aug 8th.

From manager to coaches to players to fans these games have to have a meaningful purpose.

Yes i agree its up to the players to show their pre season skills during the season and to improve as the season goes on. Likewise, its up to us as fans to use the pre season to help support our players.

So far the RR fans mood has changed from no hopers to we will be ok and are better than hoped. The players have built up fans confidence, baring the usual few who would find fault with anything other than what they deem isnt their way.

Guest Raith Till I Die
Tell me Calderon.

If pre season games mean naff all, then why do you and all others discuss the games and the players. Are you telling us all that your critiques and analysis also mean naff all. ;) B)

The whole truth is these friendly games do mean a lot to the players, the manager and clearly to those who discuss them.

Pre-season is ok to get fitness up, but sometimes they're just boring and a waste of money

Edited by Raith Till I Die

Why "obviously"? Football is never that simple and there are too many imponderables there. It can be very ahrd to tell how well a group of players will spark and fit togther, let alone trying to do so twelve months hence for a group we don't yet know about.

The quote below was what I was trying to suggest.

Basically, we aren't reeling from the fallout of a failed experiment from some French goon.

I know it isn't black and white, but there is a far better structure in place now than there was when Dalziel came in after Anelka.

Guest Dunc?

I can't really be arsed listening to 9 minutes of interview at this time of night.

Does the big man say anything interesting?

I can't really be arsed listening to 9 minutes of interview at this time of night.

Does the big man say anything interesting?

Sloan out for a while. Not too much else of interest. Just that he will play strongest team possible in cups because we need the money.

So Renton, what your saying is every fan is clutching at straws regards their team.

If thats the case, then surely, at this stage of the season every team is equal according to you, so why should we worry.

In truth, i would suggest the pre season friendlies have a lot of meaning for many fans. What happens pre season is the fans build up to the season proper. It builds the fans perception of what to expect and hope for starting Aug 8th.

From manager to coaches to players to fans these games have to have a meaningful purpose.

Yes i agree its up to the players to show their pre season skills during the season and to improve as the season goes on. Likewise, its up to us as fans to use the pre season to help support our players.

So far the RR fans mood has changed from no hopers to we will be ok and are better than hoped. The players have built up fans confidence, baring the usual few who would find fault with anything other than what they deem isnt their way.

Pre season games are a glorified kick about. Its the competative games that really matter.

Pre season games are a glorified kick about. Its the competative games that really matter.

In a football sense certainly. My guess though, is that without these pre-season games to pay the wages we'd have a far smaller squad even than our um, 'minimalist' effort so far.