The New Raith Rovers Thread

Tbh its just the diddy cup, and it was Stirling Albion, they've held a hoodoo curse over us for years. In all seriousness i'm really worried about our chances this season, We have no striker and we have Iain Davidson as captain. McGlynn has to bring in a loanee, the longer we leave it the worse its going to get. If its true about Walker and Campbell squabling in a diddy cup, how are they going to react when we get destroyed in Dumfries :(

That was fucking awful.

Why bring Bryce on with 5 minutes to go? WHY? WHY?

Davidson? Captain? What? Ellis is the only leader on that park.

Walker and Campbell - grow up.

Gonna be a long season folks.

Edited by CALDERON

gregory taide is totally and utterly mince,we need a striker urgently!!! :(

If you're going to use big bold letters at least spell the guys name right.

Murray, McGurn and Ellis would be the only players to get pass marks from me today, the rest showed absolutely no fight or desire at all and we deserved to lose.

The abuse of Tade was shocking, no he didn't have the best of games but he did a lot more than Weir and made a couple of half-chances for himself. He was causing problems in the Albion defence and won us a few free-kicks in good positions. Some fans actually cheered when he was subbed, it was embarrasing.

Darren Smith had a really poor game, he seemed reluctant to take players on and his delivery was shocking, he didn't get any stick from the fans and some even complained when he was subbed for Walker.

I'm usually the first to stick up for Iain Davidson but his attitude was rotten today, he just didn't look interested. There was one occasion where he lost the ball on the wing and just sat on the ground for a few seconds and when a fan had a go at him he turned to the stand and made the "Shh!" gesture. Disgraceful.

As for the game itself, we had the better of the first half then they scored a goal against the run of play from a corner in injury time. Second half was fairly even with neither team creating much in the way of chances and Stirling scored from another poorly defended set piece, although the guy did well with the finish. Even at 2-0 down there was no real urgency about the team, we switched to 4-3-3 but all that did was give Stirling control of the midfield and the comeback was never going to happen. We got a goal thanks to the determination of Lee Bryce, he won the ball in the box and despite lying on the ground, he managed to lay it on a plate for Walker.

The players didn't appear after the game until about 5.40, so obviously McGlynn was as angry as some of the fans. You have to try and take positives though, no injuries or suspensions being one of those.

That was fucking awful.

Why bring Bryce on with 5 minutes to go? WHY? WHY?

Davidson? Captain? What? Ellis is the only leader on that park.

Walker and Campbell - grow up.

Gonna be a long season folks.

100% correct mate,couldnt fault Ellis ,i hope this was just a bad day at the office,but we where that pish i cant see it,i would start with Bryce next week when we play the fife,he did more in five mins than anyone(except Ellis)did in the whole game.Stirling looked to have a better fitness level than the rovers too :o and thats not good!!!

If you're going to use big bold letters at least spell the guys name right.

Murray, McGurn and Ellis would be the only players to get pass marks from me today, the rest showed absolutely no fight or desire at all and we deserved to lose.

The abuse of Tade was shocking, no he didn't have the best of games but he did a lot more than Weir and made a couple of half-chances for himself. He was causing problems in the Albion defence and won us a few free-kicks in good positions. Some fans actually cheered when he was subbed, it was embarrasing.

Darren Smith had a really poor game, he seemed reluctant to take players on and his delivery was shocking, he didn't get any stick from the fans and some even complained when he was subbed for Walker.

I'm usually the first to stick up for Iain Davidson but his attitude was rotten today, he just didn't look interested. There was one occasion where he lost the ball on the wing and just sat on the ground for a few seconds and when a fan had a go at him he turned to the stand and made the "Shh!" gesture. Disgraceful.

As for the game itself, we had the better of the first half then they scored a goal against the run of play from a corner in injury time. Second half was fairly even with neither team creating much in the way of chances and Stirling scored from another poorly defended set piece, although the guy did well with the finish. Even at 2-0 down there was no real urgency about the team, we switched to 4-3-3 but all that did was give Stirling control of the midfield and the comeback was never going to happen. We got a goal thanks to the determination of Lee Bryce, he won the ball in the box and despite lying on the ground, he managed to lay it on a plate for Walker.

The players didn't appear after the game until about 5.40, so obviously McGlynn was as angry as some of the fans. You have to try and take positives though, no injuries or suspensions being one of those.

my bad mate,but the fact of the matter is that it is true,sadly :(