The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think there should be a press conference every time nothing happens. I'd like to know that Man Utd definitely haven't put in a bid for Robert Sloan, and I'd also like it confirmed that aliens haven't stolen the Railway Stand and replaced it with a hologram.

I'd like to know what happened to those paper 'fans' that were in the Railway Stand? You know, the ones that St Johnstone used to have as well. The ones that clubs use to keep the few diehards - in the otherwise sparse crowds - company.

Did they die? Is that the real reason the Railway Stand is closed? Is there a YouTube video or did it happen before the dawn of YouTube?

Your link to the Courier shows there is something to tell to an extent,that "no approach has been made as yet".Surely not too difficult to put a statement of the like on their website.

I actually agree

Nothing like keeping the supporters informed.A one or two sentence statement on the website confirming there has or has not been an approach

Speculation isn't really something that's woth an official statement.

It obviously is if the statement in the Courier by Sommerville are correct

Edited by Robbo

I'd like to know what happened to those paper 'fans' that were in the Railway Stand? You know, the ones that St Johnstone used to have as well. The ones that clubs use to keep the few diehards - in the otherwise sparse crowds - company.

Did they die? Is that the real reason the Railway Stand is closed? Is there a YouTube video or did it happen before the dawn of YouTube?

They failed to take notice of a severe weather warning from Fife police. Alas, Hurricane Shuggy claimed over 100 of our cardboard fans. :(

News on Radio Scotland Sports half an hour or so ago that permission has been granted to Utd to speak to Bohemians coach but Irish club wanting a fair lump of compensation.United will open discussions with Feenhan when compensation has been agreed with the Irish club.

They failed to take notice of a severe weather warning from Fife police. Alas, Hurricane Shuggy claimed over 100 of our cardboard fans. :(

I thought they maybe died of that disease you get from pigeon shit. Either that or they went to the toilets and slit their wrists during the Anelka season.

News on Radio Scotland Sports half an hour or so ago that permission has been granted to Utd to speak to Bohemians coach but Irish club wanting a fair lump of compensation.United will open discussions with Feenhan when compensation has been agreed with the Irish club.

But Mcglynn "has been offered the job and accepted, and will be confirmed this week". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I actually agree

Nothing like keeping the supporters informed.A one or two sentence statement on the website confirming there has or has not been an approach

It obviously is if the statement in the Courier by Sommerville are correct

I imagine the Courier phoned him rather than him looking for them to make a statement.

IMO the club are pretty good at keeping us informed when there is actually something to tell us. Yeah of course there are exceptions to this but you can't expect everyone to be kept in the loop with everything that is (or isn't) happening.

I imagine the Courier phoned him rather than him looking for them to make a statement.

IMO the club are pretty good at keeping us informed when there is actually something to tell us. Yeah of course there are exceptions to this but you can't expect everyone to be kept in the loop with everything that is (or isn't) happening.

Fair comment but this case for me is the exception

To quell the rumours/speculation to an extent DS could have put a statement on the official site by confirming that no approach had been made for McGlynn or Utd had made an approach for McGlynn which has been granted.Seems to be the norm for many other clubs

will be confirmed this week

Dont discount it

Edited by Robbo

If the DUFC job does indeed go to this Pat Fenlon fellow, which seems very likely by the looks of things, does this mark the end of potential suitors for JMcG?

He has gone from being a relatively obscure manager of reasonably successful club to being hailed as a serious candidate for a top four SPL club on the recommendation of the now Scotland manager.

I think this won't go unnoticed by many clubs looking to overlook the same old jaded candidates for someone a bit more progressive thinking, moreover they can get him on the cheap as realistically any offer will be accepted in this economic climate.

Would be great to have him remain with us until we firmly consolidate our position in this league.

In the Fife Free Press today it listed the Matthew Elder team of the decade. What are your view's and your team of the decade

Team in the FFP was 1.David McGurn 2.Craig Wilson 3.Antonio Calderon 4.Mark Campbell 5.Marvin Andrews 6.Ian Davidson 7.Wilfred Nanou 8.Paquito 9.Kevin Smith 10.Ramon Pereira 11.Nacho Novo

In the Fife Free Press today it listed the Matthew Elder team of the decade. What are your view's and your team of the decade

Team in the FFP was 1.David McGurn 2.Craig Wilson 3.Antonio Calderon 4.Mark Campbell 5.Marvin Andrews 6.Ian Davidson 7.Wilfred Nanou 8.Paquito 9.Kevin Smith 10.Ramon Pereira 11.Nacho Novo

I'd have had Dargo in there before Pereira.

.... and as sterling a servant as he's been we can surely do better than Davidson for central midfield over the course of the whole ten bloody years! hell, I'd have Stevie Tosh in there. Sure it was only a wee bit of 2000 he was with us, but he bloody class, even if we all hated his guts.

Edited by renton