The New Raith Rovers Thread

Meh fair play. It's a very good result for Raith today to keep it going.

Now if you'll excuse me there's a much more exciting rollercoaster ride at the seaside I'm due on...

Well said VT humble pie well eaten...The back four and the witch are responsible for it, we dont look as fancy as the scum, but with all the twinkling foot work they could not score against us either. We might just be the Antichrist team to hate this year.

Well said VT humble pie well eaten...The back four and the witch are responsible for it, we dont look as fancy as the scum, but with all the twinkling foot work they could not score against us either. We might just be the Antichrist team to hate this year.

By all accounts you didn't even need your witch today.

By all accounts you didn't even need your witch today.

He did have one incredible save today, but enjoyed his fish supper for the rest of the match, You guys look inept, we won easily without really getting anywhere near our best. Hoodoo broken at last its good to be a Rover just now, it can fall on its arse quick enough though, Can say with confidence we wont be in a relegation dogfight this season. Big Peter looks like a man destined for the seaside league, i`m sorry to say if he was a Rover i`d have wanted him hooked as well, Hope you guys dont go down but it gets harder as the confidence drains week by week.............hope your big confidence booster comes next week....I have grave reservations about your backs after the roasting Monsieur Tade gave them today....William Gibson esquire next week...Kick them of the park and you might get somewhere.....elbows sharpened...get intae thum

If you mean the full-backs neither had really been playing in the position until today. Our centre-halves and defence as a whole aren't really the problem. But this is your thread, not our forum.

Your still welcome ya know....

Just been reading One F and came across this.

Christ do people really believe our results are purely all down to luck! :lol:

Just been on that to check it out, the guy is saying they'll finish at least 7 points ahead of us.

While we're not winning by many, you can't say we aren't consistent. While I'm sceptical of how well we can do this season, it certainly is interesting! :D

Just been reading One F and came across this.

Christ do people really believe our results are purely all down to luck! :lol:

Ach, let them think what they like.

They're basically trying to make themselves believe that so they can feel a bit better about their own teams stuttering campaign.

Meanwhile, we can just strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride that this squad dishes out.

We are riding our luck, is anyone denying that?

(It's not the same thing as saying we're just lucky.)

We are creating our own luck which is quite a different matter.

Played 11, won 8, drawn 2 and lost 1. Plus 11 GD. Thats consistency and not luck.

If this puts a jinx on results then you can put me in front of the firing squad.

We've had our share of luck - particularly with the lack of injuries and suspensions thus far - and we've been good enough to take advantage of it. It's "riding our luck" as opposed to just being lucky. Yes we're there on merit that but it would be churlish to deny that it's involved a few things going in our favour.

Well, so far things have gone our way and the team have responded magnificently to the chance of going on a run. The old cliché about things balancing out over the season will undoubtedly come true with regards to injuries / suspensions and we'll have real problems if/when these hit

One midfielder picked up an injury last week and suddenly we had to stick a striker on the wing. Clearly, it worked well enough on Saturday but it does highlight we're a suspension and an injury away from having real trouble in the middle of the park.

It is actually testament to the focus and professionalism of the players / management that we're taking advantage of a wee run of luck in that respect to build ourselves a significant safety net.

We've had our share of luck - particularly with the lack of injuries and suspensions thus far - and we've been good enough to take advantage of it. It's "riding our luck" as opposed to just being lucky. Yes we're there on merit that but it would be churlish to deny that it's involved a few things going in our favour.

Of course things, at times, have gone in our favour as things have gone against us. It is as you say, credit to all that this year we have so far been good enough to take advantage. Long may it gontinue.

Of course things, at times, have gone in our favour as things have gone against us. It is as you say, credit to all that this year we have so far been good enough to take advantage. Long may it gontinue.

Yep look at the Stirling game where 9 out of 10 times we would have got at least a draw.

Will lack of training facilities in the winter come into play?

I'm glad Rovers are up there and there's no doubting it's on merit.

We'll need to play to our best to beat them at EEP.

Will lack of training facilities in the winter come into play?

I'm glad Rovers are up there and there's no doubting it's on merit.

We'll need to play to our best to beat them at EEP.

If it does end up being one of us that gets promoted it's going to be a pisser not having games against each other next season. <_<

Lots of clean sheets and late winners, seems to me the sign of a well organised team who are fighting for each other on the pitch. I think they are where they are on merit. Seems to me the other teams probably fear Dunfermline but are just jealous of the Rovers.

I'm loving it, it's what football is all about, I just hope this continues with our kindly neighbour's for a while whilst Falkirk continue to fall away.