The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think with Tade, Weir and wales gone, that we can expect to see two or three strikers come in, either part time, young loaness or what ever. Heard a few names mentioned and I think if that were true we'd be ok up front.

Just as long as McGlynn isn't considering playing Williamson up top... <_<

Also, delighted to see Davo staying, although I'm sure many will disagree.

We all know he can be a bit of a hot-head and can, in spells, suffer from very poor distribution. However, I think he's had a superb season and he's really changed my opinion of him. Maybe it helps that he's not captain anymore? I'm very glad he's staying.

Mega disappointed to be losing Wilson. He's been our best right back since.... I don't even know who. Campbell has been out of form, but remember how awesome he was when he was in form? Absolutely unstoppable. A genuine goal threat as well.

All the best to all the players leaving. Every single one of them gave their all for us this season, and we came very close to achieving something spectacular.

On my count we have 10 first team players retained for next season. A few youths will perhaps come through and appear more on the bench this year due to the cost-cutting. I don't think we'll see more then four new faces over the summer, with one most likely being a loan signing.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Mega disappointed to be losing Wilson. He's been our best right back since.... I don't even know who. Campbell has been out of form, but remember how awesome he was when he was in form? Absolutely unstoppable. A genuine goal threat as well.

All the best to all the players leaving. Every single one of them gave their all for us this season, and we came very close to achieving something spectacular.

On my count we have 10 first team players retained for next season. A few youths will perhaps come through and appear more on the bench this year due to the cost-cutting. I don't think we'll see more then four new faces over the summer, with one most likely being a loan signing.

It'll be interesting to see the average squad size of first division teams, I woudn't be so worried if others were around the 14-16 senior players size.....

edited to add: Even though he wasn't really a full back, I'd say paco was the last outstanding right back we had....

Edited by renton

Id rather williamson up front than in midf (rather he was loaned out to 2div team really)

I would guess we would bring in 2 forwards, 1 midf, 1 full back then wait to get our usual 3month loan player in september!

Mega disappointed to be losing Wilson. He's been our best right back since.... I don't even know who.

Echo your sentiments there. Ok, he wasn't exactly Dani Alves in the latter months of his contract, but I'm so used to seeing him at right back, it's going to be strange without him. He was Mr. Reliable till he broke his arm and he still barely missed a game when he came back from injury.

Wilson has been poor over the last 4 months. Even in his prime he was never a great defender but is certainly dangerous going forward. I think the time was right for him to go.

Vey much so.As you say,great going forward,decent defending IMO but distribution brutal

Don't see what alot of others seem to with Ferry. I can only think of a couple of games where he has been any better than average.

Quite liked Ferry,good passer of the ball

I hope not. I'd be happy to see Murray play in the centre of the defence or in a defensive midfield role if we are under the cosh a bit but he doesn't have the legs for RB.

Ditto.Murray is no more than a fill in at full back

Wilson in comparative terms was probably the best right back since mcanespie back in the day. So disappointed he has gone but we have to move forward I imagine we may get an announcement at the start of June if ant one has signed before football buggers off on it's summer holidays. Then the loan signings will commence

Not too disapointed with the players released, (Wilson, Tade & Campbell were expected to go), actually surprised Simmons is away as McGlynn seemed unable to drop him when fit or not suspended (why else would you start him at left midfield?)

Having seen some complete diddies play for us in the 1st division (excluding Anelka) I am quietly confident that the spine of a team is there, we just need to ensure we can sign a forward to replace Graeme Weirs goals.

I wouldn't re-sign K. McBride. He did have a couple of cracking games for us, but he was absolutely rancid the last couple of times I saw him play. I didn't think his partnership with Davidson was effective either, as neither offer much going forward and they did seem quite easy for opposition midfielders to bypass.

It's someone to play on the right that we need, and then we can get Walker back in the middle. Tadé is gone, so hopefully we can put a team out that aren't so devoid of anything creative in midfield that our only mode of attack is to bypass it

We also need two strikers, and I hope Jamie Mole isn't one of them. <_<

Club directors have injected their own cash in order to balance the books this season.Actually that should read two club directors and one non director.Who actually does the budgeting at the club?The usual SS policy applies at the club with the club operating with debt since 2005 but not willing to reveal its extent.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Club directors have injected their own cash in order to balance the books this season.Actually that should read two club directors and one non director.Who actually does the budgeting at the club?The usual SS policy applies at the club with the club operating with debt since 2005 but not willing to reveal its extent.

The operating debt according to the last balance book is about the 1M mark which varies according to season success, it is managable until we find the next Messi. And or one of us wins the lottery.