The New Raith Rovers Thread

I miss Boab Sloan now! :(

My proudest moment holding a digital camera at Starks Park. That was some game, we really needed a special moment and it was an utter belter of a free kick.

Have watched this clip many a time. 'That's never ten yards'. Classic

I fucking loved Robert Sloan. Frankly, I still do. Promised myself I'd go see the Black & Golds once this season just to see him waddling about and taking corners with his eyes closed.

Never did though.

Bobby Sloan was one of the best midfielders we've had in years, and like most of the other genuinely good players we've ever had, divided opinions like Moses and the waves of the Red Sea. Everybody likes a bit of Boaby!

Bobby Sloan was one of the best midfielders we've had in years, and like most of the other genuinely good players we've ever had, divided opinions like Moses and the waves of the Red Sea. Everybody likes a bit of Boaby!

Wrong on 2 counts

1. Robert Sloan was brutal, and

2. Mrs P&B is a Disgrace diznae. :bairn

I see that as expected Kevin Smith has been released by Notts County. I don't suppose he'd be willing to take a massive drop in wages to come back to his spiritual home.......

only if he has no other offer and if he had a wee side job lined up...cant see it though but would be great, we can always dream!

I see that as expected Kevin Smith has been released by Notts County. I don't suppose he'd be willing to take a massive drop in wages to come back to his spiritual home.......

didnt get much game time at Notts and had his injury problems so alot of team may be reluctant to take a punt on him. Wait and see i suppose. With his brother still being at Hearts wouldnt shock me if he was training with them

unless we can be 100% sure that Smith is 100% fit we shouldn't even consider signing him unless its a pay as you play deal. We wasted some of this year's budget on a guy who spent most of his time in the stand. Hopefully we wont make the same mistake again.

unless we can be 100% sure that Smith is 100% fit we shouldn't even consider signing him unless its a pay as you play deal. We wasted some of this year's budget on a guy who spent most of his time in the stand. Hopefully we wont make the same mistake again.

True and if we are operating a smaller squad we cant really afford any injury prone players. Still like to have him back tho

Not a great deal legally anyway.Wales was reputed to be on amateur terms?

So, we finally get a confirmation of the probable squad size, 13 or 14 players. Well, as expected but still :(

hopefully that doesnt include a loan signing or 2, we arent exactly blessed with a crop of exciting youngsters to break through

hopefully that doesnt include a loan signing or 2, we arent exactly blessed with a crop of exciting youngsters to break through

I suppose it depends on how good a deal McGlynn can strike with either Jeffries or Houston but aye, I'd hope that we could sign a loan deal or two during the season.