The New Raith Rovers Thread

Unsurprisingly, people still fail to grasp that it's the manner of our defeats that are pissing people off. No-one expected us to coast to a mid-table finish, and most of us accepted that it was going to be a fairly poor season for us. However, the dross we've been watching (particularly at home) is frankly unacceptable. To watch us failing to create goalscoring opportunities time and time again is tedious to the extreme, yet the same personnel and tactics are continually deployed.

Damian Casalinuovo

Now whilst this would indeed be fantastic news, I think it could also be bad news in that it may signal that the departure of Baird for a meagre sum is imminent.

You conveniently ignore the gritty 1-0 win at Firhill where the club showed a lot of spirit and the 1-1 draw at Somerset where we played some good football especially in the first half.

Glass half empty reasoning?

Maybe he only attends home games. In which case we usually play rotten football. The majority of the support only attend home games. Someone should drum this fact into McGlynn next time he uses the lack of resources excuse. Shit football equates to poor crowds.

Edited by Scary Bear

Not a cliche but cold harsh reality.

Chill ffs

In your world the club might be able to run on fresh air and empty seats but unfortunately that's not the case.

Theres no need to try and be condoscending.

Never mind running the club on fresh air,running the club in a proper,efficient manner would be a start but thats for another day.The empty seats will be plentyful if performances resultsc continue

There was a reason a pisspot team like Gretna skooshed up the divisions and it wasn't great management. It was cold hard cash.

So your saying the manager played no part in it?

Of course money buys you better players but is not the be all and end all and cold hard cash doesn`t equate to winning leagues and cups.Throw a manager who is used to working with low budgets into a club with pots of cash to spend and theres a good chance he would be lost and vice versa

There is a reason Clyde have dropped like a stone to the third division - because they only pay wages they can afford.

By all accounts Peterhead have thrown big money by 3rd division standards at the club and look where the are.

If you don't accept that the cuts to our playing budget have impacted on us this season then there is little point having a discussion.

Heavens this a forum for discussion but because we have a difference of opnion you see no point.If we all agree there would be no purpose to the forum .Anyway,I do accept that cuts to the budget has had an impact on the size of our squad but that was McGlynns choice,small full time squad as opposed to a larger mix of part time/full time squad.Accepting whats on show on a Saturday is different.Its not what or how much you have its how you organise what you have.

It reminds me of when we lost to Ayr in the second division title race. Some fans were out in force on the forums saying McGlynn had fucked it for us and lost us the league with his tactics. What happened? We went on to win it.

Much like some fans were out in force after the Dunfermline game saying McGlynn had fucked it up for us and lost any chance of us winning te league with his tactics.

Yes the season so far has been pish. Yes its going to be a long hard slog. But it's only the 6th January. We're far from relegated. It's a bit early to be wetting knickers. Or to be condemning a manager as shit who just 8 months ago had us playing well above ourselves and seriously challenging for promotion to the SPL.

No wetting knickers here and don`t recollect saying the manager was shit but never mind

Personally I prefer the likes of here for venting frustrations. I'm not a fan of screaming abuse at our own players, it's counter-productive and won't help. And I would feel utterly dreadful shouting any kind of stick at McGlynn after all he's done for us. I couldn't do it, in fact. I wouldn't mind sitting in a quiet room and asking him how on earth he thinks our performances have been acceptable, right enough. :D

This

Unsurprisingly, people still fail to grasp that it's the manner of our defeats that are pissing people off. No-one expected us to coast to a mid-table finish, and most of us accepted that it was going to be a fairly poor season for us. However, the dross we've been watching (particularly at home) is frankly unacceptable. To watch us failing to create goalscoring opportunities time and time again is tedious to the extreme, yet the same personnel and tactics are continually deployed.

Hallelujah

Apologies if this has been covered and I havent noticed but have Hearts given us permission to cup tie Smith and Walker tomorrow?

I know Clarke will be fine to play as his loan is for the rest of the season, so there is no reason for Dunfermline to stop us playing him.

Edited by bobbykdy

Hurrah! Just in case anyone fancies remembering the big man's debut last time round... 8)

On the negative side, perhaps a sign Baird's on the way out? Nevertheless should be a good signing. Well done to all concerned.

Edited by Paco

Well, hopefully this is Caira or Hutton putting in a wee investment to the club rather than a signal that Baird is leaving and freeing us up some wages. Delighted to hear the big man is back, if we can keep Baird, and play them both up top with Clarke then it would be quite formidable. Utterly delighted by the news, hopefully he can replicate his form from the loan spell as said!

He was brilliant for us last time around; a real class act. I wonder what he'll be like this time, with the shite service our midfield provide. Still, a promising signing.

Edited by Scary Bear

I thought we were skint?

have to be pleased about this though, it gives us the big fast presence up front that we've been lacking. The problem is still further back however, and nothing Baird, Graham, Reynolds or Clarke have tried can make up for the fact that Alan Walker has been depressingly off form, Davidson more often injured than not and Hammil lacking in pace and dig.

Obviously speculation will exist as to whether or not this signing means Baird is leaving. I tend to think the silly money runours - first the Pars, now St Mirren, are just that. It's not a lack of strikers that are dogging the Pars just now and surely if St Mirren wanted him they would wait six months - as ICT did with Tade.

If we do keep all three it would be interesting to see a front line of Casa and Clarke with Baird further back - but we can all dream....

Spread the word..... would be great to see a good crowd welcome the big fella back. He'll be keen to impress and Colin Stewart will have good reason to be crapping it now, if we can get him some opportunities....

Mon Ye RAITH !!

Nah, I told the bairn that someone stole all the Christmas presents and spent the money on a Platinum membership instead.

Glad that worked out.

If you were a real fan you would have sold the bairn for spare parts on the South American illegal donor organ circuit.