The New Raith Rovers Thread

Rumours that we've got Jason Thompson and a J Stewart on loan from Hearts. Posted on Fantalk with a link to a Hearts forum. Thompson would be quality if true, not really heard much about the other lad though.

MN nipped in just before me, never seen it.

Edited by RaithRyan

Jason Thomson was on loan at Dunfermline earlier in the season, I think. I'm sure we would all agree that RB is a problem area, so this will hopefully tackle our issues there.

I don't know anything about the other guy.

That's it now confirmed that Jason Thompson and Jonathan Stewart will be on loan until the end of the season.

I think that takes us up to seven Hearts players, for the season?

That must be some sort of record? Seven players on loan from the same club in one season.

Donaldson has looked badly in need of a rest so the Thomson signing makes sense. I assume the lad Stewart is more likely to be cover.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Thomson will be a decent signing for you guys unless you expect him to defend.

I don't think we do, really.

I would've thought that we'd benefit a lot more from bringing in an attacking right back rather than a defensive one.

Presumably Thomson is right footed? Our midfielders have a tendency to drift inside, and with Donaldson (the current right back) being left footed, he often cuts in too. It'd be nice to see someone maybe staying a little further out on the right flank and try to put in a cross or two.

"We're skint and need the fans to turn up in number to keep the administrators at bay". Oh, No! - Got that wrong. Everythings great - we've got loads of cash and we're signing new players.

I'm confused as f**k.

It's called shitting yourself that Queens & Ayr will overtake you in the league, if it happens you'll probably not have a club next season. McGlynn and the BOD seem to be adopting an all or nothing approach to the relegation issue.

The trouble is, not all loan players have the stomach for a relegation battle.

Rumours that we've got Jason Thompson and a J Stewart on loan from Hearts. Posted on Fantalk with a link to a Hearts forum. Thompson would be quality if true, not really heard much about the other lad though.

MN nipped in just before me, never seen it.

First and last time I'll see "Thompson" and "Quality" in the same sentence, read into it what you will but we decided playing Andy Dowie at right back was better.

He'll be alright in the first though, can swing in a dangerous cross and can run up and down the wing all day without being particularly that fast, has got a horrible first touch/pass though and jesus f**k he's really,really bad if someone runs at him.

I hope he does well though, if/when we get relegated the fife derbys are the only thing that will get me through the first.

Relegation would be an absolutely diabolical set back for us, but I think we could cut the cloth accordingly and would be fine. We would have only 4 players under contract (I think) and the rest could be released if need be. There's also a decent enough possibility one of those contracted players, Grant Murray, would be appointed as our manager. I'd imagine we'd be looking at reverting to the mostly PT/ some FT players model.

We'd be fucking rotten, most likely, but I'm not convinced relegation would put us under any more financial pressure than we're currently under. Being in the first division certainly hasn't done our finances any good, put it that way.

Ah, wait a minute; I've just went and assumed that we would budget sensibly. Silly me.

"We're skint and need the fans to turn up in number to keep the administrators at bay". Oh, No! - Got that wrong. Everythings great - we've got loads of cash and we're signing new players.

I'm confused as f**k.

We won't be paying for these players.