The New Raith Rovers Thread

Maybe I am in the minority but I thought the old site was good. TBH what does this new one offer that is any different? It still takes me ages to play the videos due to buffering problems but maybe that's my computer that's to blame. Does anyone else have this problem?

Doing the Lotto on-line is a good idea though, I will be able to contribute to the club from afar with that and with the Raith Rovers Abroad commentary. Both good ideas which will hopefully bring in more money to the club.

The old one was fine for what it was..but to be honest it was heavily outdated and screamed out year 2000. This new website looks great with the same content and hopefully a little bit more in time..as usual though you always get a few people who never seem to see the point in upgrades and the like. The links to Facebook and twitter is a good idea an hopefully supporters can communicate with the club in a more informal way. It is the 21st century and we have to take full advantage of the technology at hand. I for one will definately sign up to the super lotto when it gets the go ahead online. Any way of providing extra money for the club gets my vote.

Edited by Wardy

For reasons best known to the club, due to the set up of the new website, Mr Foy has been ostracised.

I was suspicious on Saturday because he was absent from Starks Park, but it has been drawn to my attention that he is to have no more to do with the website.

Disgraceful.

Zen.

I suspect this is part of the justification for the PR team in the club office. I think they're trying to make a push, which while good, does take away from the work of the people like Jim who were excellent at what they did. Hopefully they can put in the same amount of time and not just leave it as some token website for details.

Regardless of whether it was Jim's decision to take a break or forced on him I'd like to thank him for all the effort he has put in. His pictures from games are superb and some of the ones of the travelling support have been classic.

The new website looks good and I agree a much needed refresh. The Roary lotto online is a great idea as I've been meaning to sign up for ages but never get round to filling in the forms so I will sign up when it goes online.

My one slight niggle is the quality of the video. A website is only as good as its content and I suspect for most people it's the highlights of the game that drives people to the site. I know it is for me. The quality of the filming has dropped significantly over the last few months. This weeks one is all over the place, frequently loses the ball and and manages to miss a goal. Last weeks one was similar to the point where I gave up on it and went looking on the Thistle website for highlights. I appreciate it is still probably volunteers who do it so I'm not having a go but if the rest of the website looks slick but the content lets it down then it's fairly pointless. The quality over the years has been excellent so I'm not sure why it has dropped recently but if its lack of an experienced cameraman I'd happily pitch in to pay someone who can provide us with smoother highlights.

Just tried to go on the old website, and it seems it's been taken offline. All that hard work from so many people over the years - match reports, pictures, and especially match highlights - totally gone as if it never existed. :angry:

Hopefully in time they'll pass across to the new website, but somehow I doubt it.

Just tried to go on the old website, and it seems it's been taken offline. All that hard work from so many people over the years - match reports, pictures, and especially match highlights - totally gone as if it never existed. :angry:

Hopefully in time they'll pass across to the new website, but somehow I doubt it.

Hopefully they add the video archive at least. Can't beat going back and watching some classic moments again.