The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was there during that Ronnie Coyle charity match a few years ago and noticed quite a few people in the Celtic end. Wouldn't surprise me if they were all locals.

I'm pretty sure there was a Kirkcaldy CSC flag in the end that day. We were in the Estuary for a drink before the Dunfermline game and there were lots of locals cheering on Celtic against Aberdeen. One guy at the bar was talking about how he couldn't sleep after they beat Barca. Any local Celtic fan who wants a ticket for the home end will be able to get one sadly.

Dont see why the voucher scheme is a non starter

Season ticket holders get first lick at tickets then Supporters Club and other organised groups,then voucher holders,then public sale

I agree. Crowds are so low at the moment that something like a voucher scheme could add 500 to a gate against Hamilton. That's all cash in the bank. Not everyone will go for it but enough people will want to guarantee their ticket to make it worthwhile

Problem I have is i have to pick and choose games just now with it being near xmas and playing catchup with going from weekly to monthly pay. Missing the Cowden game on 29th and only been to a handful of games in the last few months. If my potential seat goes to some braindead local Bhoy who cant get a seat in the away end il no be happy

Problem I have is i have to pick and choose games just now with it being near xmas and playing catchup with going from weekly to monthly pay. Missing the Cowden game on 29th and only been to a handful of games in the last few months. If my potential seat goes to some braindead local Bhoy who cant get a seat in the away end il no be happy

Don't worry, the best fans in the world won't sell their allocation.

Dont see why the voucher scheme is a non starter

Season ticket holders get first lick at tickets then Supporters Club and other organised groups,then voucher holders,then public sale

Why would fans need to bother about getting a voucher when we've never sold out the home end in years? If it adds 500 to the gate, then fine, but to me it just another unnecessary barrier to folk wishing to attend. When did we last sell out the home end?

Edited by Scary Bear

Why would fans need to bother about getting a voucher when we've never sold out the home end in years?

Because we ain`t played Celtic or Rangers in years who contrary to belief attract big crowds.I see and probably many others do see Celtic at home in the last 16 of the SC an attractive draw

Introducing a voucher scheme say over two games gives the opportunity for Rovers supporters to get their hands on a ticket before the away supporters as opposed to a potential open sale where many tickets for the home end could and would be be snapped up by Celtic supporters

If it adds 500 to the gate, then fine, but to me it just another unnecessary barrier to folk wishing to attend. When did we last sell out the home end?

In our situ a hundred added to any gate would be a bonus.

Our last sell out games funnily enough were against Celtic/Rangers.Calderon also mentioned the Aberdeen cup game where the crowd was given at 7,050 although there appeared to be very few if any apare seats in the home end

Edited by Mij

Because we ain`t played Celtic or Rangers in years who contrary to belief attract big crowds.I see and probably many others do see Celtic at home in the last 16 of the SC an attractive draw

Introducing a voucher scheme say over two games gives the opportunity for Rovers supporters to get their hands on a ticket before the away supporters as opposed to a potential open sale where many tickets for the home end could and would be be snapped up by Celtic supporters

In our situ a hundred added to any gate would be a bonus.

Our last sell out games funnily enough were against Celtic/Rangers.Calderon also mentioned the Aberdeen cup game where the crowd was given at 7,050 although there appeared to be very few if any apare seats in the home end

The game is on a Sunday lunchtime and it's live on TV. I'll be amazed if it's a sell-out.

I'd need to check the attendances from back in the '90s, but I seem ro recall games against Rangers and Celtic were still not quite at full capacity as we didn't always sell-out our areas of the ground.

Tickets go on sale next week, so it'll be interesting to see how the club sort out the ticket arrangements.

Edited by Scary Bear

The game is on a Sunday lunchtime and it's live on TV. I'll be amazed if it's a sell-out.

May well affect the crowd but hey ho we`ll still coin in a few pennies

I'd need to check the attendances from back in the '90s, but I seem ro recall games against Rangers and Celtic were still not quite at full capacity as we didn't always sell-out our areas of the ground.

Last Celtic game it was around 8,500 and 9,700 against the now defunct Rangers.I take crowds given out by tannoy announcers and clubs with a pinch of salt anyway.I recall us playing Hearts at San Starko late 90`s and you could almost count the empty seats on one hand yet the crowd was giving as thousands below capacity.A far more truer figure of attendances can be gleened from the Polis.

Edited by Mij

The main thing is the TV money for me. That's an £82,000 windfall there. Anything the crowd or hospitality brings in is a bonus. I'm pretty sure hospitality will be full given the time of the match and the fact pubs won't be open. A fry up for breakfast in hospitality followed by a few pints and then the game sounds a perfect Sunday.

The main thing that with both Celtic games this has been a good year financially. Given our league position I'd be keen for the Board to pocket this cash and keep it for the running of the club. Might make things a bit more comfortable next season.

Edited by roverthemoon