The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's fairer than what we have at the moment and doesn't give one grouping too much influence. Yes it's not one member one vote but arguably that system could end up with part time teams with minimal support screwing over the full time team in Scotland.

As for league reconstruction 12-12-18 is a gamble but then so is 14, 18, 20. They could turn out to be as dull as f**k. No one knows.

I'm personally not going to throw away massive progress because the system isn't exactly what I want.

That's democracy, though. There are 42 clubs in the senior leagues and all, in my eyes, deserve an equal vote. Part-time teams may screw over the full-time teams, but why should the reverse be allowed to happen through weighted voting? Support of those teams isn't relevant at all.

I'm not prepared to accept the changes because we're being kept in the dark about something major, and no-one will answer the question I keep asking - why would the SPL voluntarily abdicate their priviledged position in the Scottish game?

There is a catch to this, and I can't help but think irreversible damage is going to be done.

I'm surprised the voting structure is such an issue, it's pretty normal across various leagues for there to be a weighted structure, and it seems like an improvement to me, the SPL will have rather less than half the clout (and three of the eight directors on the board) - as opposed to the current set-up where they have 100% of the control of the bulk of the game's external income.

Not that I'm knocking anyone for disagreeing, if people aren't happy with it that's fair enough - it's just not the part of the proposal that I'd anticipated would be especially controversial.

Can't help but feel the board will be all for this given that in the current stucture its hard to see where we can pull in money from, especially if we were to lose the derby.. I'd imagine they'd be happy to go for any form of league construction which guarentees increased financial gain.

I'm surprised the voting structure is such an issue, it's pretty normal across various leagues for there to be a weighted structure, and it seems like an improvement to me, the SPL will have rather less than half the clout (and three of the eight directors on the board) - as opposed to the current set-up where they have 100% of the control of the bulk of the game's external income.

Not that I'm knocking anyone for disagreeing, if people aren't happy with it that's fair enough - it's just not the part of the proposal that I'd anticipated would be especially controversial.

This

Its been described as a "closed shop"!

I wouldn't think there were suitable adjectives to describe the existing voting if that's the case.

• 3 weeks later...

What are other Rovers supporters thoughts about the upcoming derby...

Give them it stinking about their seemingly impending doom or veer away from that type of banter in a show of unity with their supporters even though they are badly brought up Townie c***s? :)

Edited by Andy C

In footballing terms, we've shown them far too much respect. We need to try to get out and have a go at them. In the last derby they were there for the taking and still managed to beat us. That was probably the worst I've seen their team play. Hopefully wage problems and such continue to take a toll on them and we can pick up the win.

What are other Rovers supporters thoughts about the upcoming derby...

Give them it stinking about their seemingly impending doom or veer away from that type of banter in a show of unity with their supporters even though they are badly brought up Townie c***s? :)

Option A please.

What are other Rovers supporters thoughts about the upcoming derby...<br /><br /><br />Give them it stinking about their seemingly impending doom or veer away from that type of banter in a show of unity with their supporters even though they are badly brought up Townie c***s? :)

<br />90 mins of piss taking & abuse, spouting bile & hatred,<br />probably waving £20 notes at Gallacher again.<br />Then after the match we can all have a beer together be pals again ;)

<br />90 mins of piss taking & abuse, spouting bile & hatred, probably waving £20 notes at Gallacher again. Then after the match we can all have a beer together be pals again ;)

<br /><br />Probably this option to be honest. I may be in the minority but I take no pleasure in seeing Dunfermline's current plight and wish them well and hope they pull through. That goes out the window for 90 minutes of the derby game mind, where some light-hearted ribbing should be the order of the day!<br /> Edited by turboshandy