The New Raith Rovers Thread

On the one had, if we had serious thoughts about strengthening the squad in january, we probably wouldn't have recalled Donaldson in the hurry we did. On the other hand, even with Donaldson I'd rather Ellis wasn't 'the other' centre back. We seriously need a like for like replacement for Watson in there, and in a hurry.

Edited by renton

We can't really complain too much about the allocation, we still get a full stand and 3500 is essentially a full South Stand which we normally only see at big cup games or a Pars game at home. I did think we would get slightly more maybe 4k but providing there is no issues with the segregation as mentioned then it should be a good day out

I suppose everyone with season tickets and everyone with 2 vouchers would add up to roughly 1500 or so. It'll probably be a few hundred less but just using that figure would mean 2000 tickets would go on public sale. 3500 does seem like a fair figure

Think most folk are forgetting the prize money available for the league this season.

Can't mind exact figures but think mid table gets around 250k rising to 400k for 1st (still over 100k for bottom) Last season we got what? 50k prize money?

This is a huge amount for clubs in this division and should take financial pressure off us and allow our squad to improve which ever league we are in next season.

Have a link somewhere, 2tics......

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/229106-how-much-money-does-your-club-stand-to-make-from-league-reconstruction/

While I agree with you, and there will undoubtedly be more money available than before, those figures were based on a share of last seasons pot, which had sponsorship from Clydesdale and Irn Bru. The SPFL can't get a sponsor so the prize money on offer won't quite be as much as is mentioned in that article.

I suppose everyone with season tickets and everyone with 2 vouchers would add up to roughly 1500 or so. It'll probably be a few hundred less but just using that figure would mean 2000 tickets would go on public sale. 3500 does seem like a fair figure

Got to remember season ticket holders got two tickets. Think I'm right in saying we sold almost 1000 season tickets this year due to how good the value was? Probably only going to be 1500 or so in the general sale. Which isn't a bad thing, you'd think the vast majority of our end will be Rovers supporters at least.

Seems odd to give us the Famous Five when, as mentioned, there's the natural away end already in place. The away end even has about 100 more seats which would've been nice. Can't grumble with the allocation to be fair though, would've been nice to have a bit more but we wouldn't shift them, and if we did it'd be the local Rangers "supporters".

Edited by Paco

One stand is probably about right. At 3,500 tickets anyone who is a genuine Rovers fan willing to make a bit of effort will be able to get a ticket. The folk missing out will be once a season folk or day trippers - who I have nothing against but I won't lose any sleep over not being there.

The main thing for me is minimising the number of Rangers fans in our end. A smaller end with most tickets going through season ticket holders, fan groups and vouchers etc will maximise the genuine Rovers support and probably make for a better atmosphere in our end

I seem to be in the minority here, but I'm disappointed with 3,500.

I think we'd have taken more than that given the chance, and if that means folk going who are lapsed fans or maybe just have a passing interest in Raith then so be it, that's what always happens when a smaller team reaches a final.

The figure is just over 15% of Easter Road's capacity. That doesn't sound very generous to me.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I'm disappointed with 3,500.

I think we'd have taken more than that given the chance, and if that means folk going who are lapsed fans or maybe just have a passing interest in Raith then so be it, that's what always happens when a smaller team reaches a final.

The figure is just over 15% of Easter Road's capacity. That doesn't sound very generous to me.

Correct Sevco can GTF want at the very least 6000 hope Turnbull gos for 50%.

This is about right. When was the last time took 3,500 fans to a game? Yes we could probably take more given the occasion but Rangers could say the same thing. Given us and their crowds this season I don't really see how we can complain.

Would we not prefer to have a smaller more core support there than a larger one with more day-trippers who really aren't too bothered with the end result?

This is about right. When was the last time took 3,500 fans to a game? Yes we could probably take more given the occasion but Rangers could say the same thing. Given us and their crowds this season I don't really see how we can complain.

Would we not prefer to have a smaller more core support there than a larger one with more day-trippers who really aren't too bothered with the end result?

No.....! FTOF

Agree with this.

Perhaps if some of the glory hunters would get their arses down to Starks on a Saturday then I would want a bigger allocation but recent history shows this not to be the case.

For what it's worth I don't have much complaint about the allocation but equally I can understand the argument that it's a cup final and you split the allocation down the middle no matter who is playing in it. And if one side can't sell their tickets that's when you give them to the other side.

3800 or so means we'll virtually everyone in the stand is a Rovers supporter at least.

Agree with this.

Perhaps if some of the glory hunters would get their arses down to Starks on a Saturday then I would want a bigger allocation but recent history shows this not to be the case.

I know what your getting at, I'd love to get to Starks every week. But unfortunately some of us live down south. I manage about 8 or 9 games a season. I will be buying a ticket for the game. And some of my mates from work are coming too.