The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not that I've ever seen him play there, but the thought of Donaldson at CB doesn't fill me with much confidence. Then again, we could do with some sort of change going on the shambles of the Cowden game and the reports from Livingston.

We could really do with Watson and McGurn back. Given that won't happen anytime soon, we really need all the help we can get right now.

which if he thought he was good enough/merited would have been given it at the rovers

Why would he have broken up a defence that was working well and had us challenging near the top of the league just to give Donaldson game time. Far better to have him playing competitive football and gaining valuable experience at another SPFL club to be recalled if and when we need him. Which we do now.

Why would he have broken up a defence that was working well and had us challenging near the top of the league just to give Donaldson game time. Far better to have him playing competitive football and gaining valuable experience at another SPFL club to be recalled if and when we need him. Which we do now.

He has certainly been solid for us & would have been very happy for him to stayed until the end of the season. Hope he takes his chance on his return to Rovers & goes on to establish himself in your first team. Hopefully you will get back a match fit confident defender who helps your team get something from the season. Don't think you would hear a bad word about him from our support.

Good commonsense post. You've said what most of us are thinking!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

Good to see the club pull back Reece rather than trying bring in a footballing nomad.

I was of the opinion that Reece looked like he could compete at the start of the season he looked stronger. The loan spell would have done his confidence and experience wonders. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he started on Thursday.

He has certainly been solid for us & would have been very happy for him to stayed until the end of the season. Hope he takes his chance on his return to Rovers & goes on to establish himself in your first team. Hopefully you will get back a match fit confident defender who helps your team get something from the season. Don't think you would hear a bad word about him from our support.

Good to hear.

there was no need to break up a defence that was working well,Murray had ample opportunities to play reece as far as back as october when watson and hill were both out but he chose to bring in ellis

I know friendlies aren't any great gauge of ability, but Reece played centre-half against Hibs pre-season and looked pretty good.

Big step up for him, going from League Two to trying to stop Peter MacDonald and chums, but fingers crossed he does well, as horsing Dundee is great fun.

This loan spell is what Reece needed and I think thats what Murray saw aswell. From what i've seen he has the ability but just needed the time to get his fitness and confidence up. Would be good to see him get a start against Dundee as he's coming in on the back of some good form for Peterhead.

This loan spell is what Reece needed and I think thats what Murray saw aswell. From what i've seen he has the ability but just needed the time to get his fitness and confidence up. Would be good to see him get a start against Dundee as he's coming in on the back of some good form for Peterhead.

This

If he has improved then great. I'll admit I've never rated him but I'll reserve judgement until I see whether a spell at Peterhead has improved his confidence and ability. We're down to the bare bones however if the funds were available for Murray to strengthen the squad then I'd hazard a guess Reece wouldn't have been recalled.

Yeah, there'd be little point in recalling him from a loan to sit him on the bench.

The manager takes steps to sort the defence, and people STILL moan.

Incredible.

point in the right direction,dont see anyone moaning about his recall

i always thought this was a thread to discuss,debate and give an opinion on all things rovers but must be mistaken

Obviously the loaning out process which worked so well for players like Kenny Miller, Johnny Russell, Jamie Walker and even our own Colin Cameron isn't applicable anymore.

why not?

Edited by Rovers_Lad