The New Raith Rovers Thread

Like McGurn on at least another year deal along with Elliot, Watson, Hill, Moon, Callachan and Cardle

Im hoping things are underway to get some contracts drawn up already

If Booth becomes avialable then we should be in for him but we wont be able to do anything until the end of the season if Hibs decide to release him.

Ok, more of a wish list concerning Booth. But I think they might keep him.

Didn't he sign a new two-year deal in November? Or did I dream it? Entirely possible.

Not sure how I managed to overlook that. It'd completely slipped my mind, I had to Google it to check!

In that case, add Cardle to my list. He doesn't always do something (sometimes he doesn't do anything) but the prospect of him doing what he can do is one of the things that has me looking forward to Rovers games.

Inevitably the ones we're most keen to tie up are the ones whose agents are likely to be advising them to sit tight until the summer, so I wouldn't expect too much to happen mid-season. But yes, in general terms the longer contracts we were offering for a while under McGlynn were a big part of both stability and the ability to attract players, would be nice to go down that road again if we're in a position to do so, and take the odd mistake (Joe Dunbar) on the chin.

(John Baird, for one, quoted the security of his two year deal as part of the reason for signing. And then wished he'd had the option to leave at the end of the first year.)

The two year deals worked wonders with some players. We'd have undoubtedly lost Graham and Baird after a season had they not been on two year deals. However, we've dished out two year deals to potential prospects like McBride and Hammill where they haven't been as we'd hoped to say the least. I'd be delighted if we started tying down those we already have on longer contracts, but that'll be down to how the board want us to go in the long term.

I love our 'diddly' team.

Was up yesterday to get my lottery winnings. Game was off but my son was allowed to see round the ground,

In through the players entrance, into the boardroom, walk up the tunnel, get on the pitch etc.

Totally priceless memories.

Also spoke to Davie McGurn, he was suggesting May before he was back !!