The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd imagine we are giving Craig Sutherland training and some closed door games or reserve games just in case no other players come available, then on last day will prob offer the lad something. Murray obviously in no rush or keeping options open.

I'd have had Baird as a stick on for Dundee if they hadn't signed Nade. They might still sign him, right enough, but I'd imagine there will be interest from several from teams at this level. As far as late January buys go, he'd be a damn good one.

We need a player who is more of a poacher than Baird, bit it certainly doesn't hurt to weigh uo our options. If the money is there, we should look at bringing a striker in whether or not said striker is John Baird.

My only concern with Baird is that he and Elliot would both be stuck in second striker mode and wouldn't work that well together. The facts don't lie though: we are rotten in front of goal just now, Spence has been shit for months and Smith has too often flattered to deceive. Something needs done.

Edited by Michael W

I think the board, have told the fans that we will not be strengthening the team. And they didn't have to open their mouths. Atleast we kinda know that promotion is out the window and finishing 7th might be a possibility. I shouldn't grumble, but it would've been nice to be involved in a promotion play off spot, but he ho. Let's hope we don't suffer anymore injuries for the rest of the as we're kind of threadbare as it is.

Edited by baillieinleeds

I think the board, have told the fans that we will not be strengthening the team. And they didn't have to open their mouths. Atleast we kinda know that promotion is out the window and finishing 7th might be a possibility. I shouldn't grumble, but it would've been nice to be involved in a promotion play off spot, but he ho. Let's hope we don't suffer anymore injuries for the rest of the as we're kind of threadbare as it is.

How do you think this?

When did they tell the fans this?

We have Craig Sutherland training with us still which I wouldn't understand if we still weren't considering him.

Also it is rumoured that 5 clubs in the championship have expressed interest in John Baird, with Morton being confirmed as one of them, combined with our lack of goal-scoring threat..I would imagine we would be another one of those 5..with just over 2 days left, We may still offer one of these guys a contract.

I still reckon, we'll make one signing in the next 2 days, just hope it's a decent one and not another defender.

What about Fraser Mullen??

Who do you reckon we should sign? I'm all for strenghthening but it has to be, excuse the cliche "the right player" I also don't buy into the fact that by not signing anymore players we automatically turn into relegation fodder. We still have a good, albeit thin group of players.

Do we have to sign free agents before feb? I think with more depth to the squad we would be more than capable competing for a top 4 spot. If thats all ambition for a top 4 spot gone then id like to see a few more of the young guys given a shot.

No, as long as they became a free agent before before the end of the transfer window then we have until (I think) end March.

I fear if we don't bring in two signings in this window we may rue it! Too many walking the suspension tight rope I'd imagine plus more injuries will come as well.

All teams arround us have strengthened with loans and free agents, Christ even Cowdenbeath!

These teams are now showing how badly they want to get play offs whilst we seem happy with two cup runs and mid table finish without play offs. But saying this what would you be happier with? Beating hibs and a wee run in scottish, a cup final win in ramsdens... Or defeat by hibs a final and playoffs.... !

Tough choice but I'm sure Murray and co have discussed this.

I don't think we are safe from relegation play offs either, a defeat to Cowdenbeath at weekend and only separated by 6 points!

Id settle for play-offs (promotion ones), a win over Hibs and a cup final victory against Rangers. Nt that much to ask, and entirely do able.

What's with the doom and gloom? A win on Saturday and everyone back to being happy chappies?

How do you think this?

When did they tell the fans this?

We have Craig Sutherland training with us still which I wouldn't understand if we still weren't considering him.

Also it is rumoured that 5 clubs in the championship have expressed interest in John Baird, with Morton being confirmed as one of them, combined with our lack of goal-scoring threat..I would imagine we would be another one of those 5..with just over 2 days left, We may still offer one of these guys a contract.

I still reckon, we'll make one signing in the next 2 days, just hope it's a decent one and not another defender.

They've told the fans with their silence. Absolutely no murmurings regarding signings. Someone mentioned Mullen, he's gonna sit on the bench until Thommo gets sent off again, thats useful.

Craig Sutherland is only training with us, if he was good enough he'd be signed by now.

I don't think John Baird would sign for us, he'll probably sign for Morton.

They've told the fans with their silence. Absolutely no murmurings regarding signings. Someone mentioned Mullen, he's gonna sit on the bench until Thommo gets sent off again, thats useful.

Craig Sutherland is only training with us, if he was good enough he'd be signed by now.

I don't think John Baird would sign for us, he'll probably sign for Morton.

What if he felt he was better than the club and only using us for training facilities like williamson was?

I didnt hear too much before our signings in the summer before they happened either as thats the best way to work until a deal is concluded.

If Baird would sign for morton before us then let them have him. He suffered from the graham weir hype. Ran about alot but end product wasnt great. I did like Baird and weir but its the opposite of what we need right now.

What if he felt he was better than the club and only using us for training facilities like williamson was?

I didnt hear too much before our signings in the summer before they happened either as thats the best way to work until a deal is concluded.

If Baird would sign for morton before us then let them have him. He suffered from the graham weir hype. Ran about alot but end product wasnt great. I did like Baird and weir but its the opposite of what we need right now.

If Baird isn't the answer to our striking problems, then what is?