The New Raith Rovers Thread

We don't have a central midfield partnership of Davidson and Simmons *shudder* and no width, so there shouldn't be any need for Baird to end up in the midfield position. We also have two attacking full backs to create, so lack of creativity shouldn't be as big a problem as it was in his first spell.

As annoying as it was to see a striker dropping back all the time, it was inevitable with the players we had.

He'll still drop off to get the ball but we'll have players who are inclined to run beyond him. I'm pleased with the signing, but wondered what will we do if Spence starts scoring?

If I was Bert, those are the best headaches to have.

He'll still drop off to get the ball but we'll have players who are inclined to run beyond him. I'm pleased with the signing, but wondered what will we do if Spence starts scoring?

Spence better hope he starts scoring or it's part-time football next season. If he doesn't score he won't play, and he hasn't earned a contract thus far...

It's good to see we are trying to address our recent poor goalscoring record, Baird is certainly a promising signing and as has been already said, we have plenty creativity in the side so the dropping deep/headless chicken Baird we had towards the end of his first spell with us shouldn't appear too often, if at all.

Don't know if there's any truth in at all but a mate of mine mentioned he'd heard a rumour that Jordan McMillan could be on his way to us too. Ex pars captain at Partick I think.

Might be a lot of shite though.

We tried to get McMillan last year when Dunfermline released him so it's not implausible. But I'm not sure I see the point.

Happy with Baird's signing, even if he has struggled for the last year or two. Straight in the team for Saturday, I should think.

Aye he can play right across the back 4 I think.

I asked on the thistle topic and it seems like it could be a lot of shite, but who knows. If he was to be signed as a CB say though it may be a good deal. Think Laurie unfortunately is starting to look up against it now and Watson won't be match fit for a while.

I'd be happy with McMillan. Laurie's quickest turns and sharpest, best timed tackles are unfortunately behind him. A good sub and a very promising coach / manager, but with Watson out a while yet we could do a lot worse than a pretty decent centre half.

We aren't scoring goals and we sign a striker who can't score goals, the phrase couldn't hit a coos arse with a banjo springs to mind, works his socks off mind you and shouldn't have to go deep to win the ball, I reckon he'll come good and wouldn't be surprised if he scores two goals by the end of the season.

His scoring rate wasn't great for us, although in his defence, a goal every 3 games, isn't too bad for a team, when its main tactic was to lump it into the channel, chase it, and hope the full-back fell over.

He scored a fair bit more than Tade as well, a player who most fans raved about.

Edited by McGuigan1978

We aren't scoring goals and we sign a striker who can't score goals, the phrase couldn't hit a coos arse with a banjo springs to mind, works his socks off mind you and shouldn't have to go deep to win the ball, I reckon he'll come good and wouldn't be surprised if he scores two goals by the end of the season.

f**k off ya negative hoor :lol: