The New Raith Rovers Thread

How many red cards is that this season, 7 or 8?

Great to see us confirm out place in next seasons Championship. Hopefully we can push on and claim 6th spot.

Not sure about winning at Falkirk on Saturday, but it would be nice if we could get a win against Cowdenbeath as we haven't managed that in our last three encounters at Starks.

Were you at last nights game?

He was pretty much useless once the yellow card was brandished (and just as an aside, if your are gonna take the boy out, do it further up the pitch next time, Foxy)

The guy clearly has the situational awareness and the good range of passing, but I think he's maybe just dropped a bit too much in the pace department to cope anymore.

What do they mean about details for next seasons season ticket? Prices etc..? They'll probably rocket the prices up and we'll see a decrease in gate receipts in the most exciting scottish league in decades..price wouldn't really bother me anyway as I'll be purchasing one but hopefully they keep the price the same to try and entice fans to purchase them..

What do they mean about details for next seasons season ticket? Prices etc..? They'll probably rocket the prices up and we'll see a decrease in gate receipts in the most exciting scottish league in decades..price wouldn't really bother me anyway as I'll be purchasing one but hopefully they keep the price the same to try and entice fans to purchase them..

Probably doing an early bird special again to try and encourage folks to buy early. To be fair with the teams who will be in the league next season anyone who is considering a season ticket shouldn't really need any more enticing

Probably doing an early bird special again to try and encourage folks to buy early. To be fair with the teams who will be in the league next season anyone who is considering a season ticket shouldn't really need any more enticing

Last years deal and time scale.

http://www.raithrovers.net/8691/season-2013-2014-season-ticket-and-walk-up-admission-prices.htm

£200 is good value for money, even though I still rarely go to more than two thirds of the games. This'll be my third year in a row as a season ticket holder.

Edit: D'oh! Last years! Hope the prices aren't too much different from last year.

What would be a fair price for a season ticket?

Edited by Scary Bear

I can see gold rated games that will be more expensive

To be honest, I don't see why we shouldn't - people will turn up for the Rangers and Hearts games regardless, might make it possible to lower prices for games against other teams with potentially higher crowds following.

I think we'll do the Category A stuff as well, Rangers, Hearts and the Pars if they come up. Probably have the option for a season ticket with and without this.

Worth remembering at least one of our home games with Rangers next season will probably be televised on a Saturday/Sunday lunchtime as well, Ramsdens revenge and all that, so I do think charging say £3 more to take it to the whole £20 will mean a home end full of Rangers fans (well, even more than it would be anyway).

Apologies if this has been covered before, has there been any discussion on whether to repair the railway stand? Would the costs outweigh the increased revenue of next season's improved gate money?

No discussion yet because there won't need to be. The only time we would need to maybe open it would be against rangers twice or if we drew a big premier league team in the cup

Was it not noted before that Turnbull said the only way they would consider getting the railway stand back up to standard was if the south stand was full every week? Going to be several years if that's the case. The capacity without it is around 8,000. I think that's plenty for a club of out size.

Was it not noted before that Turnbull said the only way they would consider getting the railway stand back up to standard was if the south stand was full every week?

That was my understanding as well. Lot of good memories of being in that stand as it was where my first season ticket was for when I started following the Rovers, I think I even kept those season ticket books as mementos. I used to stand at the bottom holding out my programme to get signed by my heroes of the 90's. Those were the days. Was also good for shouting abuse at the linesman :P

Apologies if this has been covered before, has there been any discussion on whether to repair the railway stand? Would the costs outweigh the increased revenue of next season's improved gate money?

Until we start pulling in 8,000 every week there's absolutely no need.

We'd be as well bulldozing the railway stand, tbh. Clearly we're never going to get our attendances back to the level that it will become viable.

We probably couldn't afford to demolish it, Network Rail would stick their oar in and say it would cost 100K per day to close the railway whilst it went on.

This. He deserves his chance. That i hope we have a slightly bigger squad next season to cope with injuries/suspensions a bit better. The Vaughan one is strange but still need to remember he is only 18 but im hoping he gets a bit more gametime once we get the points we need to stay up

I hear this quite a lot about our young players and I simply just don't get it.

If you are a footballer and you are not good enough for mid-table SPFL Championship team at 18 then you should just go and pursue an other career. 18 is not a youngster anymore in footballing terms. Players regularly play in the EPL at this age.

If by 18 they can't get in our team are they worth keeping?

We have seen dozens of fringe youth players all get a few minutes here and their and they end up in Junior football or worse at East Fife.

I hear this quite a lot about our young players and I simply just don't get it.

If you are a footballer and you are not good enough for mid-table SPFL Championship team at 18 then you should just go and pursue an other career. 18 is not a youngster anymore in footballing terms. Players regularly play in the EPL at this age.

If by 18 they can't get in our team are they worth keeping?

We have seen dozens of fringe youth players all get a few minutes here and their and they end up in Junior football or worse at East Fife.

Totally agree