The New Raith Rovers Thread

At the start of the season it all looked so promising. If Murray and co. could at least sign off at Starks with a win, that would be something. The last time I saw us beat Cowdenbeath was 2006 at Central Park. The last time I saw us beat Cowdenbeath at Starks was 1993!

I've got you a ticket. I'll leave it at the turnstiles for you. You need a lift as well?

I hope Raith Rovers remember that strong Fife bond we share. We all belong to the Kingdom. We are almost brothers. You also need to remember what Nicholl did for your club. That being said I think you need to just lie down this one game. Nothing that will drag you into it just a 1-0 away win. You know it makes sense.

Fife is life.

I hope Raith Rovers remember that strong Fife bond we share. We all belong to the Kingdom. We are almost brothers. You also need to remember what Nicholl did for your club. That being said I think you need to just lie down this one game. Nothing that will drag you into it just a 1-0 away win. You know it makes sense.

Fife is life.

You should realise that there is life away from wee Jimmies.

The problem with Railway stand isn't the lack of plastic seats, its the facilities or lack of running water. It's fucked as an area to watch football from. We can't afford to fix it or demolish it so we're stuck with it. It's good for the flag, cameras and advertising at least

As it previously had toilets, it must still have a water pipe and a drainage pipe. Probably still has an electrical supply too. Have you seen our working toilets? Calling them 'basic' isn't doing them justice. There's a thread about it on Fantalk. Edited by Scary Bear

Surely the space in the railway stand could be filled by putting in some sort of hospitality boxes? Or the space next to the main stand. And away end of railway stand is useable and as a terracing as well. The away end is prob no older than 20 years..This in my opinion should be looked at for the lesser clubs of the league with poor away support!

One of you wasters really needs to pull your finger out and win the lottery, or become a drug baron, or accumulate riches by some manner or means, so we can get the Railway Stand back in use. I'm a halfway-liner at heart.

One of you wasters really needs to pull your finger out and win the lottery, or become a drug baron, or accumulate riches by some manner or means, so we can get the Railway Stand back in use. I'm a halfway-liner at heart.

Can't Gordon Brown claim it as his second home on expenses ;)

Fife is life.

I'm hoping Cowden stay up, and Scumfermline beat Wasps in the play-offs to make three Fife teams, Rangers, Hearts, Falkirk, and possibly Dundee and Hibs in a tremendous division next season. That means Cowden need to beat us next week, but what loss is that to us - we're not going to get overtaken. Such a great scenario next season would of course mean we'd both likely finish in the bottom two at the end of it.

Edited by Big Berk

I'm hoping Cowden stay up, and Scumfermline beat Wasps in the play-offs to make three Fife teams, Rangers, Hearts, Falkirk, and possibly Dundee and Hibs in a tremendous division next season. That means Cowden need to beat us next week, but what loss is that to us - we're not going to get overtaken. Such a great scenario next season would of course mean we'd both likely finish in the bottom two at the end of it.

So you WANT cowden to beat us next week?

If Bert is still here next summer, he has to learn how to be a manager and stop being a friend. This season he prioritised the cups and the league form suffered.

Next season he has to learn how to combine the two. And get the best out of the players week in week out. Not when they choose.

If Bert is still here next summer, he has to learn how to be a manager and stop being a friend. This season he prioritised the cups and the league form suffered.

Next season he has to learn how to combine the two. And get the best out of the players week in week out. Not when they choose.

Next summer!!! Ahhhhhh!!!

The guys had 2 years to learn his trade. If we're still this bad by next summer I want someone else in. Bring back McGlynn.

The board need to really have their finger on the button. 2 wins in 16 next season will see us relegated.

I blame the board for jumping the gun when they offered him a longer contract. Because since then we've turned to shit. Ideally I'd like someone else in. But who could we get?

I blame the board for jumping the gun when they offered him a longer contract. Because since then we've turned to shit. Ideally I'd like someone else in. But who could we get?

I blame the 'fans' that are constantly yelling abuse at the players as soon as they do something wrong, the last few games, especially yesterday, you can tell when we were passing the ball about down next to Falkirks box, nobody wanted to take a shot...which can only really come down to the fact that if Anderson took a shot, fucked up, his name would be dirt thereafter etc.

Yesterday, I was sitting in the front row and a guy a few seats along, yelled to Robinson at one point, just after Robinson passed the ball to booth "don't pass to him, he's f*ckin useless". I have no idea what the guy was trying to accomplish with that considering booth has been probably our best player the majority of games this season...all that would have done was knock booths confidence a bit.

It isn't the fault of the fans that the team are shit, it's a combination of the players themselves and the management. I don't think screaming abuse at the players is helpful, but that isn't what's been causing us to lose matches and generally defend like halfwits.

Our form since December would merit a sacking but for the cup win. We're stuck with Murray though because it'll cost too much to pay up his contract. The thing is, no-one complained about the award at the time because we were doing well, although with hindsight it has backfired somewhat. It's the risk you take.

Edited by Michael W

I blame the 'fans' that are constantly yelling abuse at the players as soon as they do something wrong, the last few games, especially yesterday, you can tell when we were passing the ball about down next to Falkirks box, nobody wanted to take a shot...which can only really come down to the fact that if Anderson took a shot, fucked up, his name would be dirt thereafter etc.

Yesterday, I was sitting in the front row and a guy a few seats along, yelled to Robinson at one point, just after Robinson passed the ball to booth "don't pass to him, he's f*ckin useless". I have no idea what the guy was trying to accomplish with that considering booth has been probably our best player the majority of games this season...all that would have done was knock booths confidence a bit.

I thought out regular away support was mainly made up of happy-clappers? That used to be the excuse for our shite home form and great away form under McGlynn. If both the home and away fan are moany c***s now, maybe that's a sign that the football on show is not of an acceptable standard.

Generally in these situations the manager gets the sack. In our situation, the board decided to give the manager a contract until 2016, after a successful first half of the season. Hopefully they won't make this mistake again.

Whether you think it's right or wrong, the fans are on the players backs because we've been atrocious for 4 months now.