The New Raith Rovers Thread

Eric Drysdale is never going to say to the media, "The gaffer is after a boy who played against us last season. He was a'right, eh, nothing spectacular but he should do a job."

Adding the word 'exciting' in there gets everyone speculating a wee bit more feverishly about this prospect who may get the crowd going.

Good PR.

I reckon it'll be Wighton.

I heard from the old 'reliable source' who the signing was yesterday. I wouldn't be getting too excited about him but he certainly offers something we didn't have and certainly fills a position that we need filling.

As for the Annan player...It was David Hopkirk I think??

I heard from the old 'reliable source' who the signing was yesterday. I wouldn't be getting too excited about him but he certainly offers something we didn't have and certainly fills a position that we need filling.

As for the Annan player...It was David Hopkirk I think??

That's it mate, I was impressed with him, all their creative play came through him.

Someone's claiming on fantalk that The Sun, states that this "exciting" signing is Ryan Conroy..?

I haven't read the sun today but I know not to believe anything the suns says..

I thought that the ffp said on Thursday that it was a different player but both were expected to sign this week?

Eric Drysdale is never going to say to the media, "The gaffer is after a boy who played against us last season. He was a'right, eh, nothing spectacular but he should do a job."

Adding the word 'exciting' in there gets everyone speculating a wee bit more feverishly about this prospect who may get the crowd going.

Good PR.

Its conroy.

Also too early in the window for a loan to be agreed so unkikely wighton. Also theres a few teams after wighton so wouldn't count yer chickens.

Good PR.

Its conroy.

Also too early in the window for a loan to be agreed so unkikely wighton. Also theres a few teams after wighton so wouldn't count yer chickens.

The quote in todays paper is ' its (conroy) an exciting signing. He will bring something we didn't have last season' - eric drysdale

Wighton is 16, maybe now 17. Yes, he played very well in the game we lost our unbeaten run, but I don't recall him doing much otherwise.

He definitely has potential, but not really what I'd call 'exciting'. Indeed, I'd expect him to be pretty inconsistent if he did come here on loan.

Its conroy.

The quote in todays paper is ' its (conroy) an exciting signing. He will bring something we didn't have last season' - eric drysdale

Looks like the sun have cut and paste a quote from Drysdale about the much awaited 'exciting new signing' and added it to the already known separate story about signing Conroy on loan - lazy journalism!!

Edited by starks mad

Do players have a choice when being punted out on loan? The article on our site mentioned this newbie verbally agreeing to a deal and would sign when he returned from holiday so would be surprised if it was Conroy as, from what I'm lead to believe, he still has a year left on his contract at Dundee.

Same as the year long loan deal that Booth was on last year!

All it means is that Conroy will get paid his full wages as per is contract, part by Raith and topped up by Dundee. Raith get a player they otherwise maybe could not afford his current wage, Dundee free up the part wage that Raith will pay and Conroy keeps his high wage for another season and gets a move to a club where he will play everyweek - win win win

Do players have a choice when being punted out on loan? The article on our site mentioned this newbie verbally agreeing to a deal and would sign when he returned from holiday so would be surprised if it was Conroy as, from what I'm lead to believe, he still has a year left on his contract at Dundee.

It won't be Conroy.

The article last week that mentioned this exciting new signing, had at the bottom of the article " also, Murray expects to finalise the deal on Conroy as well" therefore they're not going to have both statements in the same article if it was the same player...the suns got it wrong and tried to be smart by joining 2 and 2 together, and ended up getting 5.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993