The New Raith Rovers Thread

No idea who this big blonde keeper is. As per Wednesday, I can only imagine he's doing us a favour while Cuthbert gets over an injury.

Watson, Hill and Barr must be carrying injuries, none of them feature.

I can't see Archie Campbell. One of the trialists is Andy Munro, who was basically the Reserves 'Captain' last year. Spent time on loan at Sauchie too. Centre half who can also cover at right back.

Having had a proper look at them now, the big trialist isn't Perry, it's Munro from Reserves. I'd like to see him get some time on the park.

I don't know who the other trialist, but he looks just a young guy. Built like a winger or a forward. Definitely not Archie Campbell or Ross Perry. Have we been linked with anyone else? Could well just be someone from within the club who isn't technically on a contract today, like Munro.

Conroy is a boo boys wet dream. He's a wide midfielder, not a winger and as such you'll very, very rarely see him even attempt to take a man on. He's a bit of a scaredy cat too when it comes to hard tackling and he's not the fastest so never looks like he's busting a gut for the team.

He is guaranteed to allow you to score every penalty you take though, and he will chip in with a good few goals and assists.

Conroy is a boo boys wet dream. He's a wide midfielder, not a winger and as such you'll very, very rarely see him even attempt to take a man on. He's a bit of a scaredy cat too when it comes to hard tackling and he's not the fastest so never looks like he's busting a gut for the team.

He is guaranteed to allow you to score every penalty you take though, and he will chip in with a good few goals and assists.

"Boo boys wet dream, meet the Raith Rovers supporters."

Maybe Donaldson hasn't been replaced but releasing him was definitely the right call. He can play three positions but wasn't really that good in any of them, so there was little point in keeping him.

On top of being no better than either a clear second or even third choice, he also managed to get himself sent off twice in his limited appearances.

I agree we haven't replaced him, but releasing him was merited. The wrong of not replacing him yet does not change that.

Edited by Michael W

Serious man crush on our new centre forward he's a fuckin power house, if we keep him off the burgers we will have one hell of a signing on our hands his movement and work rate was excellent………………..what a fuckin goal………CAN SOMEONE TELL ELLIOT TO SHUT HIS PUS AND GET ON WITH THE GAME…….

Nade with what sounds like an excellent finish. Cross from Elliott, chested down by Nade and half volleyed into the bottom corner.

Full volley off the chest…..a half volleys a single bounce….or did i miss something….screamer…..

Good run out for the team. Looked shattered at the end but it will have helped a lot in terms of match sharpness.

Nade looks like he'll be a very good addition to our team. His goal was sublime but he even works quite hard which is something I didn't expect.

Laidlaw looked very good. Some very good saves although one was from a poor rebound. Some recovery though.

McKeown looked good.

Conroy was fairly quiet.

Bates looked very shaky to start with but did well second half with a few very important tackles.

Not our full team but there was positives there other than just match practice.

Any idea what is up with Hill, Watson, Barr, Stewart, Scott and Cuthbert? Didn't hear Scott when he was getting interviewed.

Hope Moons ok. Didn't see what happened. Maybe just pre cautionary?

The board said they were going to fix the PA system, not half, it was loud as f**k, even the crackly speaker in the pish house is sorted.

Did 'Alive and Kicking' sound any better?

Serious man crush on our new centre forward he's a fuckin power house, if we keep him off the burgers we will have one hell of a signing on our hands his movement and work rate was excellent………………..what a fuckin goal………CAN SOMEONE TELL ELLIOT TO SHUT HIS PUS AND GET ON WITH THE GAME…….

I want you back Christian, sob.

Grow a fucking Y chromosome you pair.

The board said they were going to fix the PA system, not half, it was loud as f**k, even the crackly speaker in the pish house is sorted.

Craig had dance music on at the maintenance day last Sunday.

If I'd walked in to the stadium carrying a 3ltr bottle of White Lightning in a blue carrier bag it'd have been like going to a Saturday night empty at my pals in 1995.