The New Raith Rovers Thread

Some nasty rumours going around Kirkcaldy that Davo wants to come back. Probably started by the man himself.

Better than Perry.

He would be better than Perry, but why would we need Davo when we have Barr coming back to fitness, as we don't know how either is playing at the moment I would stick with Barr.

Will be gutted if Davidson comes back. Wasn't he saying he'd never return to Starks because we were going nowhere or something only a year ago?

Putting aside my hatred of him, he plays two positions that we don't require cover in - let's not waste our money when there are other areas we're lacking in.

Indeed, a guy who wanted to play for an "ambitious" club (not us). Can't hack it in Dundee so we should just invite him back?

Long term, wouldn't want him for above reason. Loan til summer? Wouldn't do much harm considering how poor we are and we do lack some dig. Think a striker should be priority (or getting a manager in who can get best out of current ones) (and defence, and midfield)

Hope news 2moro is a bit more exciting than the return of Davo!!

Wasn't it Davo's dad who was reported to have made those comments about the club? I'd take that with a pinch of salt. He's always at the game if we've got a home game when Dundee aren't playing.

I don't know what our best midfield pairing is at the moment, but there's been general agreement in recent weeks that we're missing a bit of strength of character, or whatever phrase you want to use.

Just imagine the reaction if it was a contract extension for Ross Perry.

Really hope it isn't a longer deal for McKay, he offers less than the two wide players we already have.

I'd be okay with Davidson coming. I agree the middle of the park isn't our worst area, but he'd improve it. He certainly wants out of Dens, and he clearly isn't in Hartley's plans.

As unlikely as it is, I'd also be happy if we were bringing in an assistant to Murray, really think it's bizarre and a hindrance that we haven't done so.

The Mcgurn deal is probably the likeliest scenario though.

Edited by McGuigan1978