The New Raith Rovers Thread

But not if they bought early? Seems a bit off.

It's purely to create a bit of interest. That seems obvious. The folk who took advantage of the early bird offer have already got £30 off the price of an adult season ticket.

Not sure how many more season tickets this offer will allow the club to sell, but anything is worth a shot to flog a few more.

Either way, it's only one punter who wins. Attending 18 league games as an adult costs £324. Get a couple of home cup ties and that's up to 20 games and £360.

Might be a concession season ticket which wins.

It's possibly all about getting the money in early to allow signings to be made.

Edited by Scary Bear

So Conroys away ... to a team competing with us, seems to be happening year after year but with the managerial situation this season I can see why other guys would be looking else where, no choice but to move on ...

I'm another who would be happy with Cardle coming back, both Conroy and Cardle where a hit and miss with the fans, but both chipped in with a good amount of goals/assists so thats fine by me ... Unless we can think of better prospects, Agnew perhaps (unsure on his contract ?) Least it would stop him scoring Vs us ...

Find it strange to see the apathy towards Conroy leaving. But then I thought the same about the attitude to Cardle, Sloan etc..

Conroy was our second top goal scorer - would've been joint top had Stewart not scored in the 94th minute in the 1-3 to Cowdenbeath.

Scored in the most games.

Most assists by a distance.

Our only set-piece taker.

Regardless of whether he's heavily involved in a game I'd take a player who will do little and score a winner than a charlatan like McKay who half the fan base lauded for months before finally coming to their senses. He'll be a loss and I'm sorry to see him go. Far from irreplaceable but we'll miss him.

But I have far more faith in Mckinnon to build a younger, faster midfield platform for us than Murray so in that respect I'm not that arsed about Conroy leaving.

Let's take it as a sign that we'll have a team buzzing around the pitch from all areas :-)

(wouldn't have given Stewart 2 year deal tho)

Nice to see us giving out two year contracts again (irrespective of any discussion as to whether a particular individual is worth it) - it was a part of the reason for our success during the bulk of the McGlynn era.

Conroy would be a loss, of course. Though I think the fact that he happened to chip in a few goals, particularly in the first few weeks, made people think he was better than he was. Without those goals I suspect he'd have had people on his back (as he sometimes did at Dundee) for being too slow for a winger and too lightweight for a midfielder (see also Sloan, Hammill etc, though Conroy is better than both).

I'm not desperate to see Cardle back. I suspect I'm on my own here but I'd sooner have Barrie McKay.

In any case, of all these wide players, the most important one to get signed up is Anderson. And if McKinnon was thinking about bringing Trouten or Bobby Barr with him from Brechin then I'd be pretty happy too.

Where's all the Cardle stuff coming from? Simply because he's been released or does anyone have anything more substantive to go on? TV Cardle we used to call him...

That's a rubbish nickname, we used to call him "Cup Tie Cardle", because alliteration is what the cool kids do.

Nice to see us giving out two year contracts again (irrespective of any discussion as to whether a particular individual is worth it) - it was a part of the reason for our success during the bulk of the McGlynn era.

Conroy would be a loss, of course. Though I think the fact that he happened to chip in a few goals, particularly in the first few weeks, made people think he was better than he was. Without those goals I suspect he'd have had people on his back (as he sometimes did at Dundee) for being too slow for a winger and too lightweight for a midfielder (see also Sloan, Hammill etc, though Conroy is better than both).

I'm not desperate to see Cardle back. I suspect I'm on my own here but I'd sooner have Barrie McKay.

In any case, of all these wide players, the most important one to get signed up is Anderson. And if McKinnon was thinking about bringing Trouten or Bobby Barr with him from Brechin then I'd be pretty happy too.

Trouten has signed with Ayr, and Bobby Barr has went to Morton. Cardle would be a better option than both.

And apparently Bobby Barr has signed for Morton.

Okay, scrub those ideas then.

Good signing for Morton if they can keep him interested, tore us a new one plenty times at Livi.

Find it strange to see the apathy towards Conroy leaving. But then I thought the same about the attitude to Cardle, Sloan etc..

Conroy was our second top goal scorer - would've been joint top had Stewart not scored in the 94th minute in the 1-3 to Cowdenbeath.

Scored in the most games.

Most assists by a distance.

Our only set-piece taker.

Regardless of whether he's heavily involved in a game I'd take a player who will do little and score a winner than a charlatan like McKay who half the fan base lauded for months before finally coming to their senses. He'll be a loss and I'm sorry to see him go. Far from irreplaceable but we'll miss him.

I was under the impression that the fans were fairly quick to figure out that McKay was an absolute waste of a jersey.

I'd happily have Anderson signed up again. He's one of the few players we have who is quick, and can really take the game to an opponent when he's on his game. Far less of an end product than either Cardle or Conroy though.

I was under the impression that the fans were fairly quick to figure out that McKay was an absolute waste of a jersey.

I'd happily have Anderson signed up again. He's one of the few players we have who is quick, and can really take the game to an opponent when he's on his game. Far less of an end product than either Cardle or Conroy though.

One of the few players who can header a ball as well. In fact it's almost a guarantee when McGurn kicks the ball upfield it's aimed at Anderson to knock it on, something he usually pulls off regularly.

That's a rubbish nickname, we used to call him "Cup Tie Cardle", because alliteration is what the cool kids do.

Agreed, much better nickname. Very Roy of the Rovers. We should re-sign Cardle. Makes sense as he's already got a nickname.

With you on both points here ... McKay was an absolute waste of time in which one of our own younger lads could have been giving a go & for sure for me Ando is a must to get signed up ... I'd be giving him a 2 year deal to, one of the few players that actually comes across as if he enjoys and cares about Raith !

On another note, County released Graham Carey to didn't they, isn't he a decent wide player !? Would like Richard Brittain to come back to tbh ... I know im clutching at straws here, just thinking aloud of a few wider players and center midfielders who are kicking about as that's what we need at the minute !

Interesting piece in today's FFP on why Malpas left.

We just had a slight disagreement about how it was going to go. There wasn’t really going to be anything for me to do so it was time to say goodbye.

Click on the page to enlarge - link.

Interesting piece in today's FFP on why Malpas left.

We just had a slight disagreement about how it was going to go. There wasn’t really going to be anything for me to do so it was time to say goodbye.

Click on the page to enlarge - link.

I get the impression Mark Stewart really wants to 'kick on'.