The New Raith Rovers Thread

4-2-3-1 possibly? I feel the manager might see our 3 forwards and switch between them during the season, either that or drop out Anderson/Meggs for one of them

McGurn

Thomson-Toshney-Benedictus-McKeown

McCord-Rossco

Anderson-Craigen-Megginson

one from Stewart/Vaughn/Wighton

Wouldn't be too sure about Anderson, Ray told him he could look for a new club.

edit - whatever the formation, we're going for fast, nippy link-up play this season. Looking forward to it

Really? Didn't know that. Shame if true

4-2-3-1 possibly? I feel the manager might see our 3 forwards and switch between them during the season, either that or drop out Anderson/Meggs for one of them

McGurn

Thomson-Toshney-Benedictus-McKeown

McCord-Rossco

Anderson-Craigen-Megginson

one from Stewart/Vaughn/Wighton

Wouldn't be too sure about Anderson, Ray told him he could look for a new club.

edit - whatever the formation, we're going for fast, nippy link-up play this season. Looking forward to it

http://www.raithrovers.net/19644/rovers-retained-and-released-lists.htm

By the look of the signings, McKinnon looks like he favours an overloaded midfield. Break up the opposition play and hit quick on the counter attack. Having 3 half decent centre halfs also gives us the option to play with wingbacks and have 2 up top. A big striker that can get on the end of a cross would be useful

So you've heard he's not in Ray's plans?

edit - that post was for Midfield Shield btw

Yes that's what I've heard. Ray had no contact with any player who was still under contract expect Anderson and that was to tell him if he wanted to look for a new club he could. Edited by Midfield Shield

Yes that's what I've heard. Ray had no contact with any player who was still under contract expect Anderson and that was to tell him if he wanted to look for a new club he could.

Seems strange, given that both the left and right side is where we are probably at our lightest.

Why forward that link on? Anderson had a deal before Ray came in.

I'd like to think McKinnon would actually watch these guys train and play first before bumping them. Anderson is one of the few guys we've had who can stretch teams these last few years, always good for a wonder goal as well.

I'm unconvinced / open-minded as to the truth of this claim. In any case there's "I don't rate you and you're not in my plans", and there's "I'd like you to stay but if for some reason you're looking for a move we won't stand in your way", and gradations in between. I'd need to know the context as well as the mere fact of it.

I'm unconvinced / open-minded as to the truth of this claim. In any case there's "I don't rate you and you're not in my plans", and there's "I'd like you to stay but if for some reason you're looking for a move we won't stand in your way", and gradations in between. I'd need to know the context as well as the mere fact of it.

I reckon that Ray has had a senior moment and thinks that it's Stuart he's talking about.

We now have three players best played 'just behind the striker' in Craigen, Vaughan and Wighton. And only one actual striker, in Mark Stewart.

Seems like a potentially very good signing.. But is he what we need? McKinnon was quoted as saying there's a 'tiny' bit of budget left, and we're short out wide and up front.

Megginson to be used as a striker then?

If Vaughan (or a.n. Other) and Stewart pick up where they left off last season then we're laughing. If not I could see us being short of goals again.

Bit strange of him to sign Megginson and then tell Anderson he's free to leave. Pretty similar types of players but I'd consider Anderson the better of the two.

Would happily see Anderson head our way. How credible is the source?

The jury is still deliberating.