The New Raith Rovers Thread

Different vibe this season in the stands. Everyone seems much more together.

A change was needed, and we got it. I don't think you can argue there is anything more to it than that.

Murray went into last season having a record of 3 wins out of the last 20 league matches of the season. Yes, we won the Ramsdens, but we weren't far off being in 9th place. Murray was under serious pressure from the fans and that wasn't forgotten about during the close season. We started well but did our usual and slumped, with a good period of form just after Christmas coming on the back of some terrible form. Things then dipped again towards the end and Murray was dismissed.

Even if we ignore the management issue, look at last season's squad and now. I think I was miffed to see Hill go (although I understood the reasons behind it) and also was disappointed with Paul Watson. Lo and behold, we don't miss either of those two players at all. There are still issues with the squad but the most important aspect is that we don't miss anyone who isn't here and the current squad is an improvement. Only a fresh pair of eyes would've made the changes that have occurred.

Different vibe this season in the stands. Everyone seems much more together.

It's just a pity we're not filling the South stand bi monthly, Ray has definitely brought back a goo...... Better not finish that. We need to get the seats filled and pronto.

Stop wetting the bed about crowds. If your ex-wife treats you like shit for three years, just because you have a cracking night together doesn't mean you start planning another kid.

The crowds will come. 4000+ on Saturday, hopefully.

The Great Raymondo to pull another trick from the subs bench to win the game again, hopefully...

I like Murray and it's quite a shame he gets as big a bashing as he does. He did win us a cup against rangers giving everyone a great day out and keep us safe in the league. He was also a good player for us. Its about time some fans let go off all the negatives around his reign and looked at him in a good light which he does deserve after his service to the club.

As a player Murray's contribution was great and even for a lot of the time when he was manager I defended him thinking what more could be done with the resources he had? McKinnon however has shown what can be done, he is a manager who will always try to win games and while we may end up losing a few as a result of this I would rather have that approach than the terrified of losing a point one Murray used to take.

A change was needed, and we got it. I don't think you can argue there is anything more to it than that.

Murray went into last season having a record of 3 wins out of the last 20 league matches of the season. Yes, we won the Ramsdens, but we weren't far off being in 9th place. Murray was under serious pressure from the fans and that wasn't forgotten about during the close season. We started well but did our usual and slumped, with a good period of form just after Christmas coming on the back of some terrible form. Things then dipped again towards the end and Murray was dismissed.

Even if we ignore the management issue, look at last season's squad and now. I think I was miffed to see Hill go (although I understood the reasons behind it) and also was disappointed with Paul Watson. Lo and behold, we don't miss either of those two players at all. There are still issues with the squad but the most important aspect is that we don't miss anyone who isn't here and the current squad is an improvement. Only a fresh pair of eyes would've made the changes that have occurred.

You also have to praise the board for 1. Making a management change 2. Getting the right man.

As a player Murray's contribution was great and even for a lot of the time when he was manager I defended him thinking what more could be done with the resources he had? McKinnon however has shown what can be done, he is a manager who will always try to win games and while we may end up losing a few as a result of this I would rather have that approach than the terrified of losing a point one Murray used to take.

I'm not saying anything contrary to that. But he has given us all good memorise (and bad), whether it be playing or otherwise. Im far from a Murray fanboy. But now that we are in the next stage of the club we should give him the credit he deserves, rather than think of him as a failure as he quite frankly wasn't in the grand scheme of things.

You also have to praise the board for 1. Making a management change 2. Getting the right man.

Indeed. even though our negative reaction poo-pooed their first choice (allegedly) :P

Seems the Flyers are going through their own 'Murray' period just now. Seen a few folk on Facebook saying they'd rather spend their money going to Starks.

giphy.gif

Edited by Michael W

Seems the Flyers are going through their own 'Murray' period just now. Seen a few folk on Facebook saying they'd rather spend their money going to Starks.

Was going to comment on this. Good news for ourselves. Hopefully if it's a split decision between the two, our form will tempt people. I still feel we've yet to see the best of the ability of this Rovers team.

The thing with Murray is that he did his management apprenticeship under Mcglynn who I will be eternally grateful too for sorting out the team and certain sections of the club. However Murray shared some of his traits such as useless substitutions and at times brutal football. I think history will be kinder to Murray than we are being now as it was the right decision to change the manager

Another fantastic interview from Ray Mac.

Buzzing for next week! It will be a very difficult game but if we are as resolute as we have been hopefully we nick a result, 1-0. In terms of games we need to get points out of, livi away the following week is very important. This week it's a bit of a free hit. COYR

I like Murray and it's quite a shame he gets as big a bashing as he does. He did win us a cup against rangers giving everyone a great day out and keep us safe in the league. He was also a good player for us. Its about time some fans let go off all the negatives around his reign and looked at him in a good light which he does deserve after his service to the club.

I think it's natural to compare what is happening now to the previous regime and Murray is coming out of that unfavourably. In time the standard of performance we produced under him will be forgotten and his cup win and run of 6th and 7th place finishes will be considered relatively successful.

I noticed they had fallen to the bottom of the league. It seems pretty clear that Kirkcaldy can't support two successful sporting teams so hopefully we can reverse some of the drift to the Flyers that has occurred in the last couple of years.

Another fantastic interview from Ray Mac.

Buzzing for next week! It will be a very difficult game but if we are as resolute as we have been hopefully we nick a result, 1-0. In terms of games we need to get points out of, livi away the following week is very important. This week it's a bit of a free hit. COYR

Also looking forward to this match. As you say there is no real pressure on us. Who could have seriously envisaged us having 21 points at this stage of the season?