The New Raith Rovers Thread

The goalkeeper issue is a weird one, there is no doubting Davie is our number one, however we have been bitten before with G oslkreping issues and have been left scrapping around to bring in cover.

We can only imagine that Cuthbert is actively looking for another team or Laidlaw will go on loan, potentially to league 1 with an option to recall and is on very little contract wise.

Considering how much is made odour very limited budget, gavin three goalkeepers does seem a bit of a luxury.

Pleased with Craigen, looks to add a bit of experience, albeit he is only 24. Feels like we have some good depth in the middle of the park. Will br good for callachan, getting pushed all the way.

Craigen is a very tidy signing for Raith. It had been rumoured that he might leave since January but what surprised most of us was that he wasn't even offered a contract. I would certainly have been happy to see him stay as he provided good cover and wasn't far away from really challenging to make a starting place his own.

He has great technique and is as fit as a butcher's dog. Quite a clever player who will try passes that others might not see which can sometimes get fans on his back for wasting possession. He was quite a polarising figure at Firhill with some too quick to criticise and similarly others too quick to praise him. Will be interesting to see how the Raith fans take to him.

In terms of things he can improve on, for an attacking midfielder, he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals and has a tendency to be either extremely powderpuff or totally reluctant to shoot on site. If he could add a consistent supply of goals to his game, he'll be back in the Premier before too long.

Nice bloke, too. All the best to him.

We now have three players best played 'just behind the striker' in Craigen, Vaughan and Wighton. And only one actual striker, in Mark Stewart.

Seems like a potentially very good signing.. But is he what we need? McKinnon was quoted as saying there's a 'tiny' bit of budget left, and we're short out wide and up front.

Megginson to be used as a striker then?

Edited by Paco

We now have three players best played 'just behind the striker' in Craigen, Vaughan and Wighton. And only one actual striker, in Mark Stewart.

Seems like a potentially very good signing.. But is he what we need? McKinnon was quoted as saying there's a 'tiny' bit of budget left, and we're short out wide and up front.

Every chance he'll use Wighton in a more advanced role.

I'm so glad we didn't sign Davo as some suggested. I have faith in McKinnon, we are signing some good quality. Craigen is quite unknown so I'm really hoping he hits the ground running. We now look like a team getting away from the tried and trusted and coming up short. For once I'm very positive.

Thought Craigen was more a forward thinking midfielder than a forward who likes to drop deep? Good signing in my book, a midfielder looking to link play and join in with guys in front of him. Mobility, flexability, not words associated with our midfield under GM!

What we now seem to have in midfield is pace. Last season whenever Fox and/or Scott played I always worried as it was so easy to get through us. Even when Moon played it looked like his injuries had lost him a yard.

I suppose for cover on the right Stewart could always play there as could Callachan in an emergency. On the left we have Petrie and Megginson. It also all depends on what formation we play but I like the youthful and energetic look we have to our squad.

I just hope fans give the team time to gel and don't jump on their backs too quickly.

Feeling very optimistic!

Craigen should be a good signing. He'll be your fittest player and works like f**k. Tidy with the ball and is two-footed (I remember him taking corners with different feet). Need to add more goals though.

post-34037-14353283550275_thumb.jpg

I still think we will see a striker and winger come into the team, possibly even on loan. Either that or possibly a change in formation.

4-2-3-1 possibly? I feel the manager might see our 3 forwards and switch between them during the season, either that or drop out Anderson/Meggs for one of them

McGurn

Thomson-Toshney-Benedictus-McKeown

McCord-Rossco

Anderson-Craigen-Megginson

one from Stewart/Vaughn/Wighton

edit - whatever the formation, we're going for fast, nippy link-up play this season. Looking forward to it

Edited by pantene proV

Fairly looking forward to seeing the team in action. Whilst the players aren't big name 'wow' signings I'm hopeful they adapt to what McKinnon is trying to instill ie a fast, energetic, hungry group of boys. If they give 100% then that's all you can ask but I'm quietly confident we can have a good season under McKinnon. With the opportunity to bring in another player or two should they be required is handy as well. VERY early days obviously but largely positive vibes around the club which is a bonus.

4-2-3-1 possibly? I feel the manager might see our 3 forwards and switch between them during the season, either that or drop out Anderson/Meggs for one of them

McGurn

McCord-Rossco

Wouldn't be too sure about Anderson, Ray told him he could look for a new club.

edit - whatever the formation, we're going for fast, nippy link-up play this season. Looking forward to it

McGurn

McCord-Rossco

Wouldn't be too sure about Anderson, Ray told him he could look for a new club.

Really? Didn't know that. Shame if true