The New Raith Rovers Thread

Going by our past dealings with Hearts there'll probably be no fee involved and we'll get a pre-season friendly with them instead.

The academy is a potentially good set up but not if we're losing players before even getting the benefit of them being in the first team.

I've also got this awful feeling the Vaughan will be off in the summer.

I was talking to a Hibs fan who believes that Vaughan will be off to Hibs.

Vaughan, as good as he is, wouldn't get near the Hibs team just now, and he's even less chance if they go up. Hopefully he gives us another year and then he can do as he pleases tbh. After next season he won't owe us anything.

Pretty much this.

I'd be very dissapointed in him if he didnt give us another season at least.

There's absolutely no telling just how Vaughan will be after he comes back from this injury, I can't see a team like Hibs offering him anything until next season at least after they monitor his performances upon returning.

Edited by ListerRRFC

Hope he stays, obviously, but he's only got one career and he has to do the best thing for it.

People seem to forget this when thinking about football players. Likewise all this talk about Raith being loyal etc to him, it would give them an absolutely horrendous image if they'd just dropped him!

I've just done my knee and I'm waiting on the MRI results to get back and the physio said it could be the ACL, it makes you appreciate how quickly and innocuously these things can happen, Lewis will be very aware that this is his career.

Unsure now saying a five figure sum could be £10k is being a smart arse...? Regardless, good luck to the boy, he clearly has some potential. Shout to whoever does our football manager stats as well, because he always goes to Hibs or Rangers in the first season on there too.

I read we have requested a 5 figure sum for the young lad and hibs have matched it...... Hopefully what we get will cover Aiden Connolly's wage for next season

It's probably churlish to complain about our youth system, given it's finally started delivering players to the first team (Vaughan, Callachan, Bates) but it's depressing that we just give up on this guy, and let him go. I guess the superior development set up at Hearts and Hibs means he'll likely progress better, but it'd be nice to have seen this guy go on and do a job for us. You never know, we might have been able to sell him on for proper money later....

It's probably churlish to complain about our youth system, given it's finally started delivering players to the first team (Vaughan, Callachan, Bates) but it's depressing that we just give up on this guy, and let him go. I guess the superior development set up at Hearts and Hibs means he'll likely progress better, but it'd be nice to have seen this guy go on and do a job for us. You never know, we might have been able to sell him on for proper money later....

Im dissapointed and worried that the system becomes a "produce players for Hearts/Hibs to buy" rather than for the first team. I'd love to see some of these guys get a wee run in the team, perform for a season THEN get their move.