The New Raith Rovers Thread

Is it confirmed this match will be live on tv. I was of the opinion no live matches can be shown at the same time as the champions league. Which is both Tuesday and Wednesday next week ?

I'm pretty sure, 90%, that it's only games involving teams from the top tier that can't be shown, that's why the Hibs/Hertz Cup replay wasn't on the TV because Hertz are in the Prem. I think that's the loophole how the play-off games can be shown.

I'm pretty sure, 90%, that it's only games involving teams from the top tier that can't be shown, that's why the Hibs/Hertz Cup replay wasn't on the TV because Hertz are in the Prem. I think that's the loophole how the play-off games can be shown.

Technically the playoff matches are top tier games.

Appears not, my bad.

Still - when the fans show no intention of appearing throughout the season (with some choosing not to support the team against Rangers, for whatever reason), this is no surprise.

Most people had no problem with the club giving away fans home seats before - so I dont see why 2 quid is an issue.

For the people usually paying full price adult agreed that £2 extra isn't much.

However with there being no student tickets I need to fork out an extra £8 on top of what i usually pay which is very steep and also there being no parent and child tickets the club are missing a trick.

It is hard to strike the balance between the club getting extra money and making these price points especially when like you said earlier the home support is as weak as it is with the form we have been on

Last game against Hibs crowd was under 2500 on Saturday so dont expect a big away support for a midweek first leg play off game and expect another disappointing crowd in the home end

£20 admission and no parent/ child gate another boo boo by our board

Different scenario this time , Hibs have a great chance of going up via the play-offs so I'm sure they will bring easily more this time to back there team,

I understand it.

The Kirkcaldy public have done nothing to show that they will come out and support the club.

Plus, are the prices not agreed by all the clubs?

This is the frustrating thing. I know numerous people who'll say "that was a great result for us at the weekend" when they've not been to a game in years. If it's suggested they go along, then they'll give the "pfft...I know the footballs rubbish" when in reality we've done far better in terms of our style of play. Generally the price pops up, but we've reduced the prices before and it did f**k all.

Similarly, Summer football has been mentioned a few folk I know. One of my friends says he reckons he'd go regularly but he doesn't see the appeal of sitting in a stand hungover in the pissing rain when it's freezing cold. While our summer weather wouldn't make us immune from call offs or freak weather, there'd still be a chance of improvement. 

As for the playoffs, I'm certainly not fearful of any of the teams. But I'd probably agree with you Calderon. Either way, I'll probably look back with fondness on this team, notably Connolly, Hardie and, on a completely different note, Joel Thomas for his hilarious display at Cappielow.

Our game v Sevco three years ago was a delayed transmission on Alba. Don't think it has anything to do with the teams involved.

Kick off is Wednesday at 7:45pm. The Rovers are selling tickets on this basis so presumably someone, somewhere has confirmed to them this is the case.

BT have requested access for just one camera + a cameraman, plus 2 production staff, and have confirmed they are not broadcasting the game live.....

Just seen someone call Callachan on of the best young midfielders in the league on fantalk, I don't know if I watch a different game each week but I don't think he's anything special. doesn't score much doesn't bring much defensively personally I would like to see Ross Matthews get more of a run around

SkyBet also paid me out for Barr on Saturday.

I think this team has a right good chance of going up. Absolutely nothing to fear.

amazing to say that, not that long ago we were pretty much all doom and gloom after the Murray years.  We might not have the best squad in the playoffs but we seem to have a hell of a team spirit.  No matter how we fare the team and staff deserve a lot of praise for the turn around.  

Just seen someone call Callachan on of the best young midfielders in the league on fantalk, I don't know if I watch a different game each week but I don't think he's anything special. doesn't score much doesn't bring much defensively personally I would like to see Ross Matthews get more of a run around

😂 that's wild eccentric trolling

Matthews is good too though