The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just seen someone call Callachan on of the best young midfielders in the league on fantalk, I don't know if I watch a different game each week but I don't think he's anything special. doesn't score much doesn't bring much defensively personally I would like to see Ross Matthews get more of a run around

I don't post on fantalk but I would also go along with that. Granted he had a horrible patch of form through the winter there. But when's he on form, He strolls the midfield and has had some absolute fantastic performances this year.

I would however love to see Matthews - Callachan duo in the centre of the park in a few months. I reckon they could be our future with Vaughan up front and Bates at the back. 4 really good young players all trying to break through at the minute.

Just seen someone call Callachan on of the best young midfielders in the league on fantalk, I don't know if I watch a different game each week but I don't think he's anything special. doesn't score much doesn't bring much defensively personally I would like to see Ross Matthews get more of a run around

Best Midfielder we have produced since Kevin Nicol

Learn to pass better, choose the correct option more often when doing so, learn how to hit the target with a much higher percentage of shots and he will become a very good player.

Hopefully he is still learning and will improve. To me he is a good solid player but has potential to be so much better

After a bit of deliberation I am now the owner of a season ticket for next season. Wasn't sure whether I wanted to renew as I missed quite a few matches this season - the club deserve the support though after such a good season.

I even went for a Premium ticket. Not only a super fan who's opinion is more valid because I own a season ticket, but now I'm a premium super fan. I might put that on my CV.

Ive been tryin to phone the ticket office today to buy 2 tickets for the playoff on wednesday and there is no answer. I understand we dont have a lot of staff but if we could have someone near the phone during the hours advertised on the website we might sell more tickets. Not to worry though i will keep trying until 3 today and again tomorrow until i get my tickets.

Are all the play offs live on TV? If so which channel is covering them?

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere

BT have the rights to the Scottish premiership playoffs but won't be showing Wednesdays nights game as no channel can show live football at the same time as champions league.

BT have the rights to the Scottish premiership playoffs but won't be showing Wednesdays nights game as no channel can show live football at the same time as champions league.

Load of pish that.

What a horrendous rule. Surely common sense should prevail.

Thanks for the info, what a stupid rule that is.  Obviously games like Raith v Hibs/Falkirk would make a difference to their viewing figures  :1eye

So the SFL sold the rights to the highest bidders and we have less games televised as a result.

1. BBC Alba would have been able to show all games as they will have no agreement in place with UEFA.

2. Bet it would have been a totally different story if Sevco had finished 3rd or 4th.

Tossers the lot of em!

After a bit of deliberation I am now the owner of a season ticket for next season. Wasn't sure whether I wanted to renew as I missed quite a few matches this season - the club deserve the support though after such a good season.

I even went for a Premium ticket. Not only a super fan who's opinion is more valid because I own a season ticket, but now I'm a premium super fan. I might put that on my CV.

Totally agree Paco, I think the team has done remarkably well considering the resources McKinnon had and rightly the team deserve the backing of the fans, An added bonus of achieving the playoffs is that we may now be able to compete with our rivals interms of wages etc after winning the additional prize money, I just wish all lapse fans could return at least for the play-offs to spur the team on cos who knows what could happen

The chances of me making enough matches next season to justify the season ticket are slim. I'm going to renew my season ticket not because of what's happened over the last year or so (I'm still not especially happy about the treatment of Grant Murray) but because of the strong stance the club took in the summer of 2012 - I promised then that the club deserved my support and nothing has happened since to chance my mind.

The chances of me making enough matches next season to justify the season ticket are slim. I'm going to renew my season ticket not because of what's happened over the last year or so (I'm still not especially happy about the treatment of Grant Murray) but because of the strong stance the club took in the summer of 2012 - I promised then that the club deserved my support and nothing has happened since to chance my mind.

What treatment? He was performing poorly and we brought someone better in. The team hadn't progressed in 3 seasons.

What treatment? He was performing poorly and we brought someone better in. The team hadn't progressed in 3 seasons.

Agreed, Grant Murray was given a fair chance to prove himself which he failed to do in most people eyes.  He was in post 2012-2015 he got a lot longer at RRFC than many clubs would have given him.  

Should've been £18 maximum, probably less. Considering the volume of games we hope to be involved in in the next few weeks it is pretty disappointing.

They know it's a one off game and that's it for the season. Better make hay, Hibs fans will think it cheap.