The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've always had a feeling Calum Davidson would manage you lot, and I've no idea why. Theres no chance of him leaving us and he seems to be getting prepped as our next manager, so I'm not sure what relevance this whole post has now.

Just wanted to say good luck for the second leg tomorrow. Would be one hell of an achievement if you guys got through.

Similarly for yourselves, hopefully you don't suffer the indignity of being at a lower level than East Fife. Nobody deserves that. Wouldn't have thought we'd be here based off our game at Cowden earlier this season where we narrowly won 1-0.

See Eric's posted on FannyTalk saying there's been no approach, either formal or informal, from Utd for McKinnon.

There is nothing saying he'll be at United next season. A club very rarely goes for the first man mentioned by the media. Neither club has came out and said there is any interest there. The amount of talking about it on here acting as if he's pretty much away already is laughable.

The fans don't even want him, the fans are shouting out for a manager now, who is not an ex player which is exactly what i think they'll get. I could be wrong but I don't think he'll be at Tannadice next season as United manager.

There is nothing saying he'll be at United next season. A club very rarely goes for the first man mentioned by the media. Neither club has came out and said there is any interest there. The amount of talking about it on here acting as if he's pretty much away already is laughable.

The fans don't even want him, the fans are shouting out for a manager now, who is not an ex player which is exactly what i think they'll get. I could be wrong but I don't think he'll be at Tannadice next season as United manager.

Utd just waiting til the playoffs are over before making an official move.

Says who?

Says common sense. Utd don't need to make any official announcement that they're interested as the media hype is doing it for them, playing a waiting game shows them in good light that they're not being unprofessional by approaching us when they know we're in the playoffs. If we go out the playoffs tomorrow I'd expect they'll be in touch by Monday.

Exactly. Anyone could do what the journalists have done so far. That sort of naivity wouldn't look out of place on fantalk.

Even if Thomson has mentioned Mckinnons name to the Media, it will more than likely have been a case of;-

"Any potential managers in mind, Steven?"

"Well, we're going to have to have to sit down and take a look down all possible routes - There are a few decent Young mnaagers in Scotland at the minute - McInally, Ferguson, McKinnon, Aitken...and a few decent experienced managers out there as well - Houston, Hughes, Wright - but we really have to take some time and get this appointment spot on to get the club moving back in the right direction again"

The journalist would have picked out the ex player and it all would have stemmed from there.

This is not to say that he wont end up there, but I don't think he will next season.

Eric Drysdale has even been on fan talk and told everyone to not take it as gospel, and there has been no interest thus far.

Eric's comment from Fantalk:

"Aw *beep* boys!

Yes I was at the game. Also, hundreds of you also saw me sat next to Jim Spence at the POTY awards. I also sit next to Stephen on the SPFL board every few weeks.

What can you read into that? How's about 1) I fancied taking in the Dundee Derby 2) I've known Jim well since the Rangers episode, and 3) my seat at the SPFL board table is closest to the biscuits Embarassed

Nobody wants Ray to stay more than me. I see his managerial qualities at first hand. What I have said publicly is what the position is. No approach, informal or formal, has been made.

Now let's all enjoy what lies ahead in the play offs. Then, and only then, MIGHT we receive an approach."

[quote name="Rovers1992/1993" post="10427268" timestamp="1462571732 think he .

Eric Drysdale has even been on fan talk and told everyone to not take it as gospel, and there has been no interest thus far.

Think he's been in the company of Gordon Brown too much ,very much a politician type response