The New Raith Rovers Thread

Agree with all of this, except we will finish 8th.

Are you trying to outbid?

In January, after the Alloa defeat, you had us finishing 7th this season with Raymondo. Now we're 8th next season. I can see me having to come up with more excuses for not attending.

Most of the the team are signed up. If Ray goes then as long as the next guy can get Vaughan and Stewart firing and get two or three more players in we'll be pretty competitive.*

Looks like the club are trying to put on a show for the fans by not granting United permission to speak to Ray. I hope Ray stays, but if he wants to go then he's probably best going.

*unless the next manager is a complete dud, which he could very well be.

Edited by Scary Bear

I think with the severe unpopularity of the Utd board they want to be seen to be acting as quickly as possible to put this season behind them, you'll feel the brunt of that unfortunately.

Very well said, very apt.

Most clubs in the division should be in the same boat without Rangers in the division. Worse for the east coast sides who might lose Hibs for Killie.

Dunfermline will bring more than Alloa but not enough to make up for those two losses.

Will Hibs get promoted via the play-offs? That's by no means a foregone conclusion.

Saddest moment today, Anderson was warming up as the third substitution was made. He took a rather frustrated swipe at the corner flag during his slightly forlorn walk back to the bench. Definitely had the air of a man who knew his Raith career was over.

Sorry it's ended that way. I hope he knows how much his efforts have been appreciated over the last four years.

He really suffered through McKinnon's January signings. Two wide players brought in and then Thomas to add insult to injury, meaning he was no longer even seen as a last ditch target man option.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up next.

It was more that he relegated them prior to that. If memory serves me rightly, they weren't in the relegation zone when he took over. Finished 4th the season before last, hence the lack of enthusiasm. You can't fault him this season, though.

I'd prefer him to one of the "usual suspects" that will be touted. We shall see what's what in the next 48hrs I guess.

To be honest East Fife are a big enough club that they should be a yo-yo between the bottom two leagues. What Naysmith has done there is nothing to write home.

Also worth noting their points total was identical to ours. Most seasons that wouldn't win a league.

Anderson was waving to the fans at the end, so has undoubtedly been told he's off. Whether that changes if Ray goes I don't know but he's been a great servant to the club, always tried his heart out and seemed to love playing for us. One of life's good guys.

I'll miss you, Granty. :(

Anderson was waving to the fans at the end, so has undoubtedly been told he's off. Whether that changes if Ray goes I don't know but he's been a great servant to the club, always tried his heart out and seemed to love playing for us. One of life's good guys.

A truly sad moment. I'll miss Grantie as well.

Agree with this. A good, committed player for the club

I'm not particularly bothered like some others are about the timing of Dundee Utd's approach for McKinnon, our season is over and is probably best for both parties if this whole thing is done and dusted as quickly as possible. What I do take an issue with is Dundee Utd simply releasing a statement saying that they'd made an official approach when obviously none of the discussions had even taken place. Surely the decision to go public should've been ours, not theirs? Now we've declined an official approach it gets a bit messy and neither club comes out looking well.

I'm resigned to Ray leaving, which is a real, real shame. Having one good run of 17 games and subsequently losing your manager is hard to take, but I suppose it's what happens when you support a diddy team. Now just the question of who the f**k do we get to replace him? Naysmith seems like an obvious choice but given that we turned him down last time at the final moment he may well tell us to GTF. Other than him, who else even is there?

Really has put such a dampener on everything, after such a good campaign. Really hope we hold Dundee Utd to ransom in terms of compensation for McKinnon, but with their past I wouldn't bet on it.

ETA: You'd imagine McKinnon will take his back room team with him, too. Does that include Laurie? I might not be totally against him getting the job given he's worked under Ray for a season and would likely continue the work he started with a bulk of the same players.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

After Thomas got on. Anderson turned round to the fans to have a last look then slowly made his way back round to the bench with his head down kicking the corner flag on the way. I really felt sorry for him at this point. Didn't help himself when ever his chances did come round but the chances were very few and far between. He will be missed and you just know he'll pop up at the pars next season and tear us a new one every time we play.. Edited by Rovers1992/1993