The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well, it was hardly going to be news that he had signed a contract extenstion.

Still at the anger stage in the grieving process I see. 

It's ok - I forgive you.

Still at the anger stage in the grieving process I see. 

It's ok - I forgive you.

Angry? Not really. I was mildly upset in 1993 when Brewster left for nothing to sign for Dundee United when he had allegedly agreed to resign for the Rovers the week before hand.

Much worse has happened whilst watching the Rovers for this to be in any way upsetting.

Edited by mrpaddyx

Although I was hoping for the best with him I knew realistically that he was going to go.

At least this way the speculation doesn't drag on and we can get a new manager in to continue planning for next season.

Having said this still absolutely gutted but what a season it has been.

Angry? Not really. I was mildly upset in 1993 when Brewster left for nothing to sign for Dundee United when he had allegedly agreed to resign for the Rovers the week before hand.

Much worse has happened whilst watching the Rovers for this to be in any way upsetting.

Denial now. At least you're going through the stages. Chin up :(

Reading that statement can only affirm my view that our build up this week was completely affected by this. Now we may still have gone out yesterday but the manager meeting the board to talk about his future 2 days before the biggest match of our season should never happen.

I think it's quite obvious Ray wants to go so let him. No point having a manager who isn't committed 100% to the club.

Brewster went for a quarter mil, Hetherston was out of contract and went to tribunal

I think your right. In my head it was a free but checking the dates it can't of been as it was 93 and the Bosman ruling didn't come into force until much later.

You lot seem to love ex-Dee's. Barry Smith signed Lewis Toshney, Mark Stewart, Iain Davidson for Dundee and was Benedictus' youth coach and later manager too. He also played with Scott Robertson. If the majority of your squad is signed up for next season, maybe the board will want someone that's relatively familiar with the squad.

I heartily endorse this and fully support Raith appointing Barry Smith.

I spent ages on them

Don't know why you're taking the credit when they're my bedsheets.

I genuinely have no idea who Raith will go for, Danny Lennon?

I genuinely have no idea who Raith will go for, Danny Lennon?

I hope not, purely based on this extract from one of Richard Gordon's books:

DAVID VAN ZANTEN (ex-St Mirren): I was among the substitutes for a game at Firhill against Partick Thistle and they were awarded a corner early in the second half. We’re leading 1–0 at the time and they push most of their big guys up hoping to get an equaliser. Our boss, Danny Lennon, is straight out of the dugout, and he’s screaming, “Who’s picking up Balotelli? Who’s marking Balotelli? Someone get on Balotelli!†Of course he means Conrad Balatoni, but has got the names mixed up, and we’re creasing ourselves at the thought of Mario Balotelli playing for Partick Thistle. Danny glances round and as we all try to cover up that we’re laughing at him, someone points out that Balatoni hasn’t even gone up for the corner, he’s standing on the halfway line. That was it, we were gone, and there are howls of laughter from the dugout as the boys clear the danger out on the pitch. Danny’s standing there absolutely bemused; he had no idea what he’d said and why we were cracking up.