The New Raith Rovers Thread

If he doesn't take us up this year, he will in the next couple if he was to stay. You obviously haven't seen much of us this season if you think he has already taken us as far as he can.

I would be surprised if we have a better chance then this to get up. There's every chance we would fail to make the play offs in the next two years.

Let me ask you a question in all seriousness. How many ex players have gone on too or back to there old club and been successful managers. I genuinely cannot think of many at all.

Ray McKinnon?

If someone offered you more money to go and do the same job then most folk would do it.

We at Queens have had mangers who are more than happy at the club but when the big club comes in with more money then the manager has to g as he would probably regret not taking a chance at the big club.

For what it is worth he has done a great job at Raith but like Queens we just don't, seem to get over 1500 home fans.

Must be hard put a good team on the park and still not get anymore fans

If he doesn't take us up this year, he will in the next couple if he was to stay. You obviously haven't seen much of us this season if you think he has already taken us as far as he can.

That's a pretty bold statement to be making. Absolutely no guarantee he could repeat this season nevermind take you up.

I feel a bit for Rovers fans, we were in the same position with Murray for a while. Every job that was going he was the favourite, I was convinced Hibs would take them and they decided on Stubbs.

I hope for Rovers sake he stays, he's done a cracking job and you have half his players signed up for next year. I must admit though, it's looking pretty likely he could be gone, it will be hard for him to turn down the money and better resources at his boyhood club.

McKinnon can only take us so far with the players he has available which is all down to what funds we have. If we hadn't been lucky enough to have local businesses that were keen to fund a few of our loan players we'd be in a totally different situation imo. If Eric is to be believed and our budget is being cut next season, if we remain in the championship, then who's to say these businesses would continue to fund a few players? Believe me this is the best chance we'll have to go up for a long long time with or without McKinnon. If we don't go up now we'll be in the Championship for many more seasons to come. The Championship is going to be a b*****d of a league to get out of as time goes on. Already it's shaping up to be a b*****d with maybe 2 or 3 weak teams in there.

Who's to say the club won't go down the cheap route again like they did with Grant Murray? Who's to say a gaffer would want to take on the role with a team of players he's not signed or seen play? For that reason someone like Ellis taking the job wouldn't surprise me seen as he knows the squad.

We should get the Edinburgh City manager in for an interview if McKinnon goes. He's turned them from seemingly nothing to consecutive league titles. What about Shelley Kerr? Manager of Stirling Uni. Would get the club a hell of a lot of publicity and be an interesting move.

But aye, would be almost sure of Naismith.

Hasn't Naismith already signed a new deal with EF? Also did we not offer him the gig before changing our mind and going for McKinnon? He'll be in his rights to tell us to f**k right off.

Hasn't Naismith already signed a new deal with EF? Also did we not offer him the gig before changing our mind and going for McKinnon? He'll be in his rights to tell us to f**k right off.

McKinnon had signed a new deal with us before you got him so that doesn't mean too much.  Its only a question of how much compensation they're willing to spend.  As far as I'm aware the preseason friendly was part of the compensation we got but since it didn't go ahead you may still be due us something unless the clubs worked something out behind the scenes.

Possibly a shout. I would put a couple of quid on someone like Gary Locke or Lee McCulloch though.

Then put another couple of quid on us getting relegated.

Possibly a shout. I would put a couple of quid on someone like Gary Locke or Lee McCulloch though.

Can we start the fan power type posts that apparently made Gary Glen signing for Livingston if these are the potential candidates?

Any decent players around who'd fancy a move into player-management? Two birds with one stone and all that.