The New Raith Rovers Thread

Somewhere in Perthshire, Eric Drysdale is reading this absolutely pishing himself laughing.

Or desperately searching up the laws on verbal contracts.

Edited by Paco

DARREN YOUNG yesterday insisted that he is unaffected by speculation surrounding his future.

The Albion Rovers player/manager has been listed as a leading contender for the vacancies at Championship sides Queen of the South and Raith Rovers.

Young was on St Mirren’s radar following Ian Murray’s resignation in December and was courted by Dumbarton last summer before the Sons hired Stevie Aitken.

The 37-year-old has made no secret of his desire to go into full-time management.

But the former Aberdeen midfielder, who led Rovers to the League Two title and then followed that up with a sixth-placed finish in League One this term, embraces the rumour mill.

He said: “I see it as a good thing to have a bit of speculation as it shows that you are heading in the right direction.

“I prefer to see it as a positive — not just for myself but for Albion Rovers.

“But it has no effect on the job that I’m doing here. None at all.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/albion-rovers-boss-darren-young-7994980#Ew7QHIr7Da6Y2jsT.99

Jesus Christ grown men crying over the appointment of a gaffer, we'll all buy a season ticket anyway and after he wins a couple you'll all be right behind him

Judging by Locke's track record we'll be relegated by the time we get that second win.

Jesus Christ grown men crying over the appointment of a gaffer, we'll all buy a season ticket anyway and after he wins a couple you'll all be right behind him

He's a cut price McGlynn. All the percentage football, all the perspiration but none of the occasional inspiration that the best graduates of Jefferies hoof ball give you. Even if we end up comfortably mid table next year, under him it'd be as entertaining as a fungal toe nail infection.